Hiding emails from bots

bukwus

I asked in the HTML forum if there was a way to hide email addresses from spam bots. I got a good answer that uses JavaScript.I was wondering if the same kind of solution would work using PHP, seeing as JavaScript is browser side and PHP is server side.Here's the example:<?php $emailInfo ="info@" . "host." . "com"; print "<p><a href=\"mailto:" . $emailInfo . "\">General Inquiries</a></p>"; ?>Many thanks

you could just use an online form for people to fill out and then when they send it, it sends you an email.theres loads of examples and scripts out there, do a google search for "php mailing" and you should find some.:)

Tables are definately what we're headed for, but I just need a quick fix for the time being. Do you think my example would keep bots from reading the addresses?

No it wouldn't. The php is rendered then sent to the browser. THe bot only sees the browser so by the time the bot sees it it is already built and viewable.The reason the JavaScript example worked is because it builds the email address after the page is rendered, after the bot has already read the page.