having things download with a certain priority

AarokBomB

Hey, I have a question....?? Is there a way to have certain things, like images, movies, flash .swf files, and other stuff be loaded first over anything else...? I was just curious because when ever I log onto my web pages at school (with a slightly slower connection), certain things don't load up, and it kind of looks weird... lol... is there anything that specifies what is downloaded, and gives it the first priority to be seen first, and then goes down the list for the others you specify too...? idk, it seems like whenever I load up my page, everything is randomized on how they are loaded up to be viewed… thanks

Hey, I have a question....?? Is there a way to have certain things, like images, movies, flash .swf files, and other stuff be loaded first over anything else...? I was just curious because when ever I log onto my web pages at school (with a slightly slower connection), certain things don't load up, and it kind of looks weird... lol... is there anything that specifies what is downloaded, and gives it the first priority to be seen first, and then goes down the list for the others you specify too...? idk, it seems like whenever I load up my page, everything is randomized on how they are loaded up to be viewed… thanks

I don't think there is anything like that , and I don't think everything is randomizedit loads from top to bottom with CRT screens and maybe the same with LCD screens :)

You could dynamically build the page with javascript, making whatever parts you'd like first. It would be slightly bulky and take a bit of extra code to check when stuff is loaded, but is possible. :)