Title Attr (tooltip) not working - Option Elements

Guest textguru

Guest textguru

Hi!I want to have a tooltip on my dropdown box but it seems that title attribute doesnt work in IE6. I have tried it on IE7 but it works. My code looks like this:<option title="My Caption" value="09200000" selected>Some text on this </option>When run on IE7 Beta2 Preview, tooltip works but when run on IE6SP1, it didnt. Can you suggest an easy way to handle this problem? I have seen many but it was too complicated for me. Hope you might help.M P

use alt="blah blah blah" for IE and title="blanh blah blah" for other browsers, I use both on my site.I really dont know if that applies to options and form elements but for images and text it seems to work fine.

use alt="blah blah blah" for IE and title="blanh blah blah" for other browsers, I use both on my site.I really dont know if that applies to options and form elements but for images   and text it seems to work fine.

Title should be used for all tooltips, it works in the 3 main browsersThe alt attribute is used to define an "alternate text" for an image. IE displays this as the tooltip if no title is declared.in a select list Title only works for your options in firefox