Colours

scott100

Paint mixing involves the primary colours red, yellow and blueScreens use red, green and blueWhy are the primary colours for paint different from those on screen :) Just curious :)

What are you talking about? In paint go to Colors\Edit Colors...\Define Custom Colors>>. On the most right part of the windows You'll see three fields: Red, Green and Blue. Where is the yellow color you speak of? Maybe some really old version of paint?

Edited by boen_robot

is it right to spell color, "colour"? or is it how other countries spell it (outside of the U.S). Now, that's something they never taught me in school. Just curious.

is it right to spell color, "colour"? or is it how other countries spell it (outside of the U.S). Now, that's something they never taught me in school. Just curious.

It is a right spelling inside US too.
Color | Col"or |(ku^l"~er), n. Written also colour. OF.color, colur, colour, F. couleur, L. color; prob. akin tocelare to conceal (the color taken as that which covers).

from Dictionary 2.12.1 (linux) :)edit:http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=colour

Color = US spelling (primary, although "colour" is also allowed)Colour = UK (British) spelling.color, colour, humor, humour, flavor, flavour etc.are examples of differances between American English and British English.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_and_...es#-our_.2F_-or

Yep that is something us brits need to remember when doing any coding that in coding we need to use the US spelling of colour. :) It is well strange at first cos we want to sell it as colour but carnt then we go to the other extreame and always spell it like the US.My spelling is naf anyways so spelling colour as color all the time is not a big deal. :)

Both gives #808080 with all real browsers!<body bgcolor="grey"> and <body bgcolor="gray">Use always quotes ("") with Your attributes. :)grey and gray are both valid color names and value will be #808080 with both, as You can see when look those W3C links I add,

Both gives #808080 with all real browsers!<body bgcolor="grey"> and <body bgcolor="gray">Use always quotes ("") with Your attributes. :)grey and gray are both valid color names and value will be #808080 with both, as You can see when look those W3C links I add,

Regardless wether you think IE is a "real" browser or not, it is still used by over 80% of users.

Color = US spelling (primary, although "colour" is also allowed)Colour = UK (British) spelling.color, colour, humor, humour, flavor, flavour etc.are examples of differances between American English and British English.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_and_...es#-our_.2F_-or

I think Candian and Australian people also spell it that way too.Not to mention, the spelling of center, as "centre", but somehoware both pronounced the same...lol, at least I won't have to change my spelling habits when Icode. :)