Class's

cootetom

I'm having different results with my css code in different browsers. I have a class in my css file that hides borders etc and have written it like this:

.hidden { border: hidden; background-color: transparent; padding: 0;}
Now I use this class within the <table> and <td> tags to effectively hide them like this:
<table class="hidden"><tr>    <td class="hidden">Data goes here</td></tr></table>
In firefox i get the results i want i.e. a table with no borders! However this does not work in IE, it just ignores the class and defaults to my normal table styling with borders. Does anyone know why this is and how I can fix it?- Tom

Try using.border: 0;

I'm having different results with my css code in different browsers. I have a class in my css file that hides borders etc and have written it like this:Now I use this class within the <table> and <td> tags to effectively hide them like this:In firefox i get the results i want i.e. a table with no borders! However this does not work in IE, it just ignores the class and defaults to my normal table styling with borders. Does anyone know why this is and how I can fix it?- Tom

I was under the impression that IE can't infact read the element: hidden; and procedes to ignore anything that is included with the hidden, atleast that is the exprience that I have gotten in the past, as someone suggested I would use border: 0; instead. If you are using this for a :hover, note also that IE can only read a:hover, I have heard that you have to result to Javascritpt/'css hacks' to clear the :hover issues, so... just thought I would add that, because the only time I see the element: hidden; braught up is when there is a hover effect nearby