creating background at html's

acerael

It's not smart to give out your age on a forum like this. I can easily figure out where you live. :)Add this to the top of your page:

<style type="text/css">body {background: url(the url of your picture.jpg);}</style>

And that should do it. :)

You can find cool backgrounds on Google. Just type the name of the image you want or type in "background patterns" so you can find images that can easily repeat themselves and still look good.I wish I saw HTML and CSS at 8yo. hehe.... Anyway, have fun! If you need help don't be shy asking.

For the sake of completeness, here's how the whole code would look in XHTML 1.1. All of it's contents are well detailed in W3Schools' HTML, XHTML and CSS tutorials. Read them, and as mentioned, don't hesitate to ask if you don't understand something from them. However, please try to read them first.

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd"><html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"><head><style type="text/css">body {background: url(the url of your picture.jpg);}</style><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" /><title>Untitled Document</title></head><body></body></html>

um, there are a few ways...maybe CSS? background: url(yourpicturesurl.jpg);of course you need a picture too...LG

I am confuse about the file types with its file extension Sir; would you have the list of graphic file extensions and what does it mean. like JPEG, MPEG or metafiles are they convertable from one form to another. thanks for the comments Sir.

It's not smart to give out your age on a forum like this. I can easily figure out where you live. :)Add this to the top of your page:
<style type="text/css">body {background: url(the url of your picture.jpg);}</style>

And that should do it. :)

then you knew me all the time; you quite good Sir; I want to learn sumthings like breaking codes someday, you are the masters for now, then after that have you passed what you know every one have a life time isn't it thank you for the comment... by the way if you have time to lecture me about graphical file types and how are they converted from one type to another then I would be glad, thank you and take care for the info you have in mind

Graphical File types:JPEG extensions= .jpg .jpeg .jpeGIF extensions= .gifPNG extensions= .pngSVG extensions= .png .pngzTIF extensions= .tif .tiffI think that is all. (if I'm wrong, someone correct me. I got this list out of file types on my computer)how they are converted: through some very extensive program.LG

Graphical File types:JPEG extensions= .jpg .jpeg .jpeGIF extensions= .gifPNG extensions= .pngSVG extensions= .png .pngzTIF extensions= .tif .tiffI think that is all. (if I'm wrong, someone correct me. I got this list out of file types on my computer)how they are converted: through some very extensive program.LG

thank you alot Sir but why should this graphic file can become *.bmp , *.jpg, *.gif etc... which of these graphic files is the best, which makes the pixels of my monitor or the software to open the file or the file it self, which of these file types are the best in resolutions? thanks alot sir even though I am new her you really entertain and help me alot

It seems to me as the page LG provided is a bit outdated.Every browser today supports *.png, so saying "the new" is not exactly true (there's a rhyme even :) ).*.bmp is THE WORST format for graphics on the web. Every pixel in a BMP file is described detaily without any kind of compression and there's no transparansy avaiable.*.jpg is a format which should be used for big and quality images such as photos. A jpg of best quality barely has differences with BMP and yet it's a lot smaller, making it perfect as a generally used format. Doesn't have transparancy, but it's not meant for having it either.*.gif has a higher compression then *.jpg, but unlike it, it can have up to 256 colors. If you use less, the GIF's collor pallete is optimized to store only those colours. Transparancy is only "binary". A pixel is either transparent or not transparent.*.png is able to have just as much colors as a *.jpg and yet uses a compression which is just as good as *.gif and in some cases even better. It has a feature known as "alpha transparency", which means that a pixel could be transparent, not transparent or any value in between. Unfortunatly, IE6 has problems with this feature, but it does support binary PNG transparency as far as I know, so PNG is still an option.When it comes to graphics of higher resolutions, both *.gif and *.png fail in compressing the image well. It's some kind of difference in the methods. I'm not entirely sure. That's why there's still a place for *.jpg too. And *.tif. TIFF isn't good for anything anymore.By the way, the extension of SVG is *.svg and *.svgz, not *.png and *.pngz :) . Also, SVG is not a raster format (each pixel described on it's own), but a vector format (each "object" in it is described by some sort of code), similary to Flash, so it shouldn't be mentioned here.

oh! *hits himself* I can't believe I forgot Bitmaps. .bmptry this web page: http://www.scantips.com/basics09.htmlLG

wow sir you really amaze me, you have given me alot to read, if only I am good enough in programming, I would make a photodraw, photosuite software; I know something abt Turbo Pascal, Turbo C, C++; I have made a program like read this calculate that then write that, but is programming neccessary in htmls.