Creating Dynamic Bar Graph with Flash 8

bairdb

I am trying to create a dynamic graph with flash 8. I know how to apply values to my bars in my bar chart so they will resize depending on the value of my variables but I need my variables to be from an external source preferablly an asp page. Can anyone explain how to do this?

• 4 weeks later...
I am trying to create a dynamic graph with flash 8.  I know how to apply values to my bars in my bar chart so they will resize depending on the value of my variables but I need my variables to be from an external source preferablly an asp page.  Can anyone explain how to do this?

had you try to do the same using XML files. XML can provide values by collecting through other scripts to the flash.

had you try to do the same using XML files. XML can provide values by collecting through other scripts to the flash.

Hi, As suggested above, the best way is to use XMLs for ur data storage, and in case you are specific that you want to use a asp for this purpose, then its better to use 'loadVars()' as
var my_lv:LoadVars = new LoadVars();my_lv.onLoad = function(success:Boolean):Void {    if (success) {        trace(this.dayNames); // Sunday,Monday,Tuesday,...    } else {        trace("Error");    }}my_lv.load("http://www.myserver.com/mypage.asp");

Hope this helps you