Trouble understanding script

SmokingMan

I downloaded a menu script that the author has said anyone was free to use and modify for their site. Now I'm no JS guru, but although I do have a little understanding of JS, this script is beyond me, and there is no documentation as to what one would need to modify to customize it for their site. There is no explanation of all of the parameters.So I'm posting it in hopes that someone will be able to explain it enough so I can understand it. <script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript1.2"><!--stm_bm(["ivvnair",400,"","blank.gif",0,"","",0,0,0,0,50,1,0,0,""],this);stm_bp("p0",[0,4,0,0,1,4,0,7,100,"",-2,"",-2,90,1,1,"#999999","transparent","",3,0,0,"#ffffff"]);stm_ai("p0i0",[0,"Prather Productions ","","",-1,-1,0,"../../index.html","_self","","","","",0,0,0,"","",0,0,0,0,1,"#ffffff",1,"#ffffff",1,"xp3.gif","xp4.gif",3,3,1,1,"#cccccc","#9690a8","#333333","#000000","bold 8pt Arial","bold 8pt Arial",0,0]);stm_aix("p0i1","p0i0",[0,"Services ","","",-1,-1,0,"../../services/index.html","_self","","","","",0,0,0,"arrow_r.gif","arrow_gray.gif",7,7,0,0,1,"#ffffff",1,"#ffffff",1,"xp3.gif","xp4.gif",3,3,1,1,"#cccccc","#999999"]);stm_bp("p1",[1,4,-1,1,1,4,0,0,100,"progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Blinds(bands=8,direction=DOWN,enabled=0,Duration=0.52)",9,"",-2,58,1,1,"#999999","transparent","",3,0,0,"#000000"]);stm_aix("p1i0","p0i0",[0,"Web Hosting ","","",-1,-1,0,"../../services/hosting.html","_self","","","","",0,0,0,"","",0,0,0,0,1,"#ffffff",1,"#ffffff",1,"xp3.gif","xp4.gif",3,3,1,1,"#cccccc","#999999","#000000","#000000","8pt Arial","8pt Arial"]);stm_aix("p1i1","p1i0",[0,"Search Engine Optimization","","",-1,-1,0,"../../services/search_engine.html"]);stm_aix("p1i2","p1i0",[0,"Web Design and Development","","",-1,-1,0,"../../faq/type.asp?iType=26"]);stm_ep();stm_aix("p0i2","p0i1",[0,"Contact ","","",-1,-1,0,"../../contact/index.html","_self","","","","",0,0,0,"","",0,0]);stm_aix("p0i3","p0i1",[0,"Portfolio ","","",-1,-1,0,"../../portfolio/default.asp"]);stm_bpx("p2","p1",[]);stm_aix("p2i0","p1i0",[0,"Graphic Design ","","",-1,-1,0,"../../portfolio/type.asp?iType=30"]);stm_aix("p2i1","p1i0",[0,"Web Design","","",-1,-1,0,"../../portfolio/type.asp?iType=29"]);stm_ep();stm_ep();stm_em();//--> </script>I know the items in red are what I need to change to fit my site and leave the menu configured as is, but how do I add more sub menus, how do I control the width of the menu and the menu items, and how do I control any other of the parameters? What are all the parameters in this script?I'd appreciate any help I can get on this.

stm_bm(["ivvnair",400,"","blank.gif",0,"","",0,0,0,0,50,1,0,0,""],this);I know the items in red are what I need to change to fit my site and leave the menu configured as is, but how do I add more sub menus, how do I control the width of the menu and the menu items, and how do I control any other of the parameters?  What are all the parameters in this script?I'd appreciate any help I can get on this.

now the red is the width, I beleive.adding I think just add more stm_aix()s in there.uot of curiosity, where did you get this script?also is there some other main script?LG

I got the scripts from Prather ProductionsI tried copying the files, but the entire files are so large because they contain several menus, it won't all fit in one post. It cut the post off short of the end of it. If I post a partial script, it may not be everything you need. I'd attach text files, but that option isn't available. I guess I'll have to keep looking for a good JS menu tutorial and write it myself. That's what I would rather do, but I'm not that well versed in JS yet, and can't do it from scratch without some help.If someone can point me to a good tutorial that not just shows me the code for the menu, but actually explains what the code does, I'd just do this myself :)

Edited by SmokingMan

I am currently using a pure CSS menu that works fine in FF & Opera, but it has glitches in IE (imagine that). I thought that using a JS menu would help since it should work cross-platform. I've been told the menu looks okay in IE and that most people probably wouldn't even notice, but I do and I want it to work the same no matter what browser is being used. I know I'm being picky, but I don't think having a menu act the same no matter what browser is being used is too much to ask. Are you listening Bill?!