Damn Spam

johneva

HiI think that these spam messages need to start getting deleted as at the moment the messages are left on but the user is suspended for a while.Thing is by leaving the messages on they are still getting a link to there site as they intended in the first place from now on blatent spam like the ones we have been getting latly from people who have never used this site before should be banned and the message deleted.Just a suggestion. :)

Its not just that if the message is left on then the link counts as a link to there site and although this site is not relevant to theres and the page it is added tohas no PR it still counts as a link towards ther link poularity. Which is what they are mainly after sometimes.Also the longer the message is left on the more chance they do actually get some visitors from doing it meaning they will do it even more.

Yeah your right you do some of them are being left on by other mods though. :) Heres one.http://w3schools.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=4508I hadent noticed you were removing the content till you said. :)

I just think its time to implement email confirmation on registration instead of being able to jump right in.

I don't think the advertisers are bots. They may be, but if that was the case then all you would need to implement was a visual confirmation code on registration. Email confirmation won't stop people who are paid to advertise on forums.

I don't think the advertisers are bots. They may be, but if that was the case then all you would need to implement was a visual confirmation code on registration. Email confirmation won't stop people who are paid to advertise on forums.

It might put off some though cos it would mean a tiny bit more work for them.But yeah youll never stop um completely.All you can do is try and put them of using this particular forum if they know of another one that is easyer to sign-up then they will use that rather than this one.

I haven't noticed spam being a problem here until the last week or so :) Is there any particular reason why there have been so many posts recently?

this forum probly rose in the google rating so the spammers are interested

Yeah Google are doing an update as we speak.I am well not happy about the results for one of the sites I work on it has dropped from 4th to 12th in this new update.Ah well they normally have a little play around once the results have been rolled out accross all datacenters. So I will have to just wait and see once the update has finnished.