I hope that W3Schools had the Chinese edition

i3945

I don't think you could expect that any soon though. Mainly because other translations were already requested and W3Schools' staff refused. Not to mention there's probably no one at W3Schools' staff to know Chinese.

You should learn English, it's not that hard. If you don't, you are probably missing about 90% of all what's on the Internet... :) And it's really a must if you want to learn programming. To understand the tutorials, to know how to ask questions on forums and so on...

meh, my bad. It's late and I must have not read the message right. I thought he said "Not all" instead of "Not to mention all" don't know how that happened... but yeah. :)"

How would look like PHP in Romanian?First it would be called PPT: PreProcesare de Texte cu legaturi.Second there would be no SQL, but LIS: Limbaj de Interogare Structurata.MySQL would also be then LISalmeu.And <br> would become <ru>.

<?pptdefineste("constanta_nume","constanta_valoare");include_o_data("inc.functii.php");$legatura = lisalmeu_conectare('gazdalocala','utilizator','parola')    sau mori('Eroare de conectare!');$interogare = "AFISEAZA * DIN tabel";$rezultat = lisalmeu_bd_interogare('baza_de_date',$interogare,$legatura)    sau mori('Eroare la interogare: '.lisalmeu_eroare());atata_timp_cat($rand = lisalmeu_stoarce_asoc($rezultat)) {    afiseaza $rand['coloana1']."<RU>";    }lisalmeu_inchide($legatura);......?>

Could you translate this back into English (or PHP...) ? :)

So, we're going offtopic, heya?All right, two can play this game :) . If there were variants for XHTML in bulgarian, we would have the following:EnglishTag-BulgarianEquivalentInLatinLetters-BulgarianEquivalentInCyrilicLetters=======================div-raz-разspan-pedq-педяbody-tqlo-тялоhead-glava-главаbr-nr-нрetc.And SQL would become SEZ(СЕЗ-Структуриран Език за Заявки).PHP would become... PHP again :) . Or atleast if we stick to the current meaning of the PHP abbreviation :) .[edit] I don't know about skym, but I know that you mean the instructions. But it does seem a bit funny how some things would change between the languages.

Well, if you go into html translations, then you can also go on and change the DTD and make your own Xhtml, it is called modularisation :)Like having like this:

<ProfCommunity><main><title>This is our site</title><stylesheet>...</stylesheet></main><document inlinestyle="..."><header value="Prof-Community" /><message>Welcome!</message><block><paragraph>hello, this is our site, blablabla<break />blablabla</paragraph></block><footer value="Made by ..." /></document></ProfCommunity>
[*Edit:] lol :) Edited by Dan The Prof

Could you translate this back into English (or PHP...) ? :)
Of course I can't, because that is not written in PHP. It is written in some language you just made up that has function names like lisalmeu_bd_interogare. I could have my Romanian roommate translate all of the Romanian into English, but that doesn't mean it's the same language. PHP is PHP whatever language you speak. strpos is not an English word, it is a part of the PHP language (and many others). The <br> tag is two arbitrary letters to indicate a line break. You don't write <insert a line break here please>, you write <br>, all it is is a symbol, it doesn't have any other meaning.To answer your question, this is how PHP would look in Romanian:
<?phpecho "Hallo lume";?>

It's still PHP. PHP is PHP, no matter what other language you speak. The definition of PHP grammar is independent of the definition of the English language (or lack thereof).I would remind you that PHP was created by someone whose primary language is not English, and in creating the language he took cues from other languages such as PERL and C, but not necessarily from English.

strpos is not an English word, it is a part of the PHP language (and many others).  The <br> tag is two arbitrary letters to indicate a line break.  You don't write <insert a line break here please>, you write <br>, all it is is a symbol, it doesn't have any other meaning.
Correct, but the symbols are still english :blink:strpos is short for (assumably) string position :)Look at e.g. these functions: session_start(), mysql_connect()They don't mean destroy but start session, and not create database but connect to a database, just like those words claim to say :blink:It is definitely english, you can't deny that :)*drawes a line* -------------------------------------------------------------------------------So far offtopic :) Edited by Dan The Prof

Well yes and no. Of course, connect is an English verb. But mysql_connect is not an English word, it's a PHP function name. The first languages were written by English-speakers, so by convention many of the symbols in the languages have been derived from English words, but at the end of the day all they are are symbols. The mysql_connect function might as well be called instantiate_cauliflower, the name of the function is just an identifier, the content of the function (what it does) is the part that matters. If you learn that the symbol name mysql_connect connects to a MySQL database, then it doesn't matter what language you speak.

It was just a joke :) you know that, there's no need to explain all that. I think we all have gone too far with these things, we all knew them already, there is no point of discussing more of this.What might help i3945 would be some links to tutorials in Chinese language, but maybe there aren't too many Chinese members on this forum to know these sites.

Well yes and no.  Of course, connect is an English verb.  But mysql_connect is not an English word, it's a PHP function name.  The first languages were written by English-speakers, so by convention many of the symbols in the languages have been derived from English words, but at the end of the day all they are are symbols.  The mysql_connect function might as well be called instantiate_cauliflower, the name of the function is just an identifier, the content of the function (what it does) is the part that matters.  If you learn that the symbol name mysql_connect connects to a MySQL database, then it doesn't matter what language you speak.

Yeah but the function names are based on english words and meanings or abreviations.