Paid Higher Productivity Display

remarc duo

Paid Higher Productivity Display Basic Idea Have pages without or less ads in return for payment. This is very important to some people as ads distract.Less important but still valuable is the screen space they take up. We are talking in the range of $1 to $5 per year, $0.10-$0.50 per month.Issues 1. This may not be a new topic, I did a quick search but.. . Let me know where to go (politely) if it is an old topic. 2.Must ensure mechanism does not interfere with W3Schools normal operation.3.Small payments are expensive.4.Fraud If this results in anything it should be from a long trail of short posts Finally I am not connected to W3Schools in any way at all, but I respect their capabilities and their trading ethics.

The adverts take up hardly any screen space :) Who cares if they are there, just ignore them, i do :)Keep the adverts which keep w3schools a free learning resource.

The adverts take up hardly any screen space  :) 1 . Who cares if they are there, just ignore them, i do  :)2.  Keep the adverts which keep w3schools a free learning resource.

1. You are lucky, My uncle could watch 3 T.V.s and still be one of the top accountants in Manchester. I am mesmerized by T.V.. 2. Agreed, this would be extra version of same page. Would go some way to support free, ad. based version.

AS of now, Kajim is the ONLY one writing the tutorials for w3schools....he doesn't have time to make extra versions of the pages or create a special registration and payment system.You will just have to live witht he ads. Besides the ads bring in a lot more than $5 year....it would take a whole lot of users willing to pay for that to make it worth producing the extra content and to make up for the ad revenue....and frankly there are not enough people willing to pay for this...they will just find another free site.

• 4 weeks later...
You will just have to live witht he ads. Besides the ads bring in a lot more than $5 year....it would take a whole lot of users willing to pay for that to make it worth producing the extra content and to make up for the ad revenue....and frankly there are not enough people willing to pay for this...they will just find another free site.
As the number of members in this forum increases surely the owners will ask for more revenue from the advertisers, the adverts are after all being viewed by a larger audience day after day... :) I know i'm digging up the past but this just came to me when viewing the adverts and i remembered this post :)

Come on, is a non-popup add at the bottom, top, or side of a page that bad? You don't even have to read it, and you can hardly notice it, because of the color scheme. We can all live with it, guys. :)

I understand that the advertizers pay for a specific number of views.Using an addblock seems unfair to me. Yes I know the world is not fair, but we should at least try not to make it worse. Zero is a very hard amount to accumulate. It might be that W3Schools could get into trouble if it did not respond to the adblock post in some way though perhaps this post is enough. :) This topic was the first step in building a new road. The responses I got to my first post indicated that I started in a jungle. There is a road which benefits all or perhaps makes it more fun to get there.Where, everywhere!So whats next! Jungle clobbering time!.Need to figure out which direction and how.Back to my day job, different road, different obstacles, same objective.