[XHTML]Each row cells aligned individually

Jack McKalling

in english, to snug is to bring things close together...snugging is the acti of doing that...snuggling is the act of doing that with someone special... :) this thread seems to have become a dialog although plenty of people have read it...so, come on, you wiser than wise people out there...tell us something really cool the prof can do to achieve his goal... :)

*does only understand the first sentence of Kosher Kid*If you explain the verb I know what the other forms mean.The rest, I don't understand :) what do you all mean? :)

you wiser than wise people out there...
Am I a very smart person, smarter than everybody else ??
tell us something really cool the prof can do to achieve his goal...
To whom do you say this, and what are you saying?
everyone would already know about it.
What does that mean?
not if they were hoping to patent and reap millions
Is it my English, or what does this say?*feels really dumm*

Good lord man!Patent means to register some invention as being your invention, and then you are the only one who can use it (or other people pay you to use it). That's like when Apple created the iPod, and then while the Apple lawyers sat around downloading music the Microsoft lawyers went and filed a patent for the iPod interface, and then sued Apple for using it. American companies love patents, and the American patent system is terribly broken.reap = harvest

To whom do you say this, and what are you saying?
"Hey everybody, help him".
everyone would already know about it.
What does that mean?
Well, that means that everyone would already know about it. If there was a way to do the tables like you were asking, we would already know how to do it, it wouldn't be an obscure piece of knowledge.

Sorry for this mess :) Of course I know the meaning of the words one by one, but some of them together confused me. Short sentences are difficult for me, I hope you understand.Anyway, I understand that this just is not possible. Right now, the page I showed doesn't have that problem anymore, thanks to other sollutions than cells.. so thank you all for the help :)

have you tried:

<table><tr><td><div style="float:left; width:200px; border:1px solid black;">1/1<br /></div><div style="float:left; width:200px; border:1px solid black;">1/2<br /></div><div style="float:left; width:50px; border:1px solid black;">1/3<br /></div></td</tr><tr><td><div style="float:left; width:50px; border:1px solid black;">2/1<br /></div><div style="float:left; width:350px; border:1px solid black;">2/2<br /></div><div style="float:left; width:50px; border:1px solid black;">2/3<br /></div></td</tr></table>

I added the border just to show the positioning.This valids strict XHTML, gives you flexible columns but still distinguishes each row. The numbers represent the row/column incase anyone missed that.

That is by using tables as well as divs, it is fine :)But lets not stick to this, I now know tables can't do that, for sure. But there are dosens of posibilities that result in the same, the one better than the other. This one uses inline style (I prefer sheet, but would not like one class per div)

That is by using tables as well as divs, it is fine :)But lets not stick to this, I now know tables can't do that, for sure. But there are dosens of posibilities that result in the same, the one better than the other. This one uses inline style (I prefer sheet, but would not like one class per div)

He made it inline so the example would be easier to show, you can break it up however you want. Are you saying it works for you or that you don't want to use it because it is not 100% tables? Sometime pure CSS or pure tables just can't do what we need so you have to use a combo.This can't be a very important issue if you won't comprimise a little to get it done.

No I didn't meant I wouldn't use it, it is fine. I probably would split it into sheet and html, but I understand why he combined it. I just want to make clear this issue is not a issue anymore :)Go have a look at the page here:http://dhost.info/profmemberone/Art/text.php?english=trueI already sticked the two cells together and now it looks great :) Don't mention the triple space, it doesn't bother me. :blink:If I would get the same issue in the future, I will use it, but for now, this works too :)

Forgiven :) Have fun with this page, it might come in handy when writing a big text that has to be aligned inside a certain width :)Or to colorize php code for that matter, and oversee the syntax easier, for error testing. Or whatever where you can use the functions for :)Do you know anything else that this notepad should do, or should be able to do?