missing asp object properties

afrikan

This may be a simple question but why is the w3c site missing a lot of asp object properties like session.formulafields, session.parameterfields for crystal reports? they're listed on the business objects website. Are they not commonly used? :)

I think there is no more objects like you are saying, Session itself doesnot contains any object, it's only a memory in server computer, Like an simple example Dim objCon Set objCon = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") Set Session("objCon") = objCon now u are using this session object as your object, it is easy if you have to go through childs of that object. now we can use Session("objCon").Open "MYCONNECTION STRING" Session("objCon").Execute "DELETE FROM MYTABLE"In crystal reports, we need class for crystal report, i.e. you have to install crystal report application in your computer. Now it supports few classes. so create the object of that class and save it to session so that you can go with it from every page.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I understand this. The formulafields and parameterfields not mentioned are in the business objects website are at http://www.techsupport.businessobjects.com...88.html#1335852if that link is highlighted properly. I used this asp code to pass data from a domino database to crystal reports. it received and displayed them on the internet as parameters like this:if(Request.form("formula9")="device.Status") then session("objCon").FormulaFields.GetItemByName("f9").Text = CStr("DisDeviceStatus({" + Request.form("formula9") + "})")else session("objCon").FormulaFields.GetItemByName("f9").Text = CStr("{" + Request.form("formula9") + "}")end ifsDepartment = Request.form("Department")Session("oRpt").ParameterFields.GetItemByName("Department").AddCurrentValue(sDepartment)The session object opened a connection string before all that code. maybe crystal reports code doesn't really have to do with asp specifically for w3c. Just curious anyway. Thanks.

Hi african,I can see that you are making reference to business objects, which is a private company that implements business logics into computing systems.Therefore their main business activities is to complement the ASP language with objects that will do more work than the usual ASP language that you are using.They have their own development kit, like the java development kit where you can create other objects than the existing objects.I take the example of a class in java which is an integer, which is not hard to identify. I Think... :) Now from java development kit, you can create a new price object which will accept only values greater than zero, double datatypes, with currency at starting possition e.g $4.00. This is a class that you are using and other do not have on their machine.Compare the two class, the Integer and the price(which you have created.)Business objects does the same, they create objects that will be more specific to business needs, and they will require that you purchase these new objects that you dont have to make your business more efficient.I hope this help you. :)

This may be a simple question but why is the w3c site missing a lot of asp object properties like session.formulafields, session.parameterfields for crystal reports? they're listed on the business objects website. Are they not commonly used?  :)

Just to clarify...are you refering to www.w3schools.com or www.w3c.org? They are not the same and are not affiliated in anyway.

I think you are absolutely correct Dhanajee, it's from the company only. I was, however, able to download their sample internet code for free and use it for paying customers :) (have a lot of people done this?)I was referring to w3schools website. I don't know if w3c lists properties like this or not. I've never seen it anywhere except business objects. Worked though!

This may be a simple question but why is the w3c site missing a lot of asp object properties like session.formulafields, session.parameterfields for crystal reports? they're listed on the business objects website. Are they not commonly used?  :)

Just mentioned it because of your original post...you said w3c...:)