Impact of page break on html tags

avisekrishi

hi , is it possible to retain meaning of html formatting tags after user or system defined page break.Suppose you put <b> <u> some text <page break> remaining text</b></u>.Will the text "remaining text " will remain bold and underline .actually html tags lost its meaning if opening tag is before page break and closing tag after page break.Is it possibel to retain formatting even after page break

simple answer - yestry it for yourself, open up notepadcopy/paste this in<html><head><title>some page</title></head><body><p>Some <u>text<br>another line, and some more <br>text</u></p></body></html>and save your file with a ".htm" ending.and then open the file in your browser.http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_formatting.asp for some more formatting tags:)

<b> and <u> never lose the effect unless you close them and by the way a page break is <br /> or <br> depending on the doctype if you dont understand this PM me

hello, i am talkin about page break tag such as PAGE-BREAK-BEFORE: always;Not talkin about Line break .<br> is used for line break.My point is Html tags loose their meaning after page break

simple answer - yestry it for yourself, open up notepadcopy/paste this in<html><head><title>some page</title></head><body><p>Some <u>text<br>another line, and some more <br>text</u></p></body></html>and save your file with a ".htm" ending.and then open the file in your browser.http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_formatting.asp  for some more formatting tags:)

Hi, Very thanks for your valuable timeBbut i have some issue i am talkin about page break tag such as PAGE-BREAK-BEFORE: always;Not talkin about Line break .<br> is used for line break.My point is Html tags loose their meaning after page break

First stop, messages on this board are public and anyone could see them, so there's no point in making two posts (one for each person), when you could make "one post to tell them all".Anyway, what do you mean by "loose their meaning"? If you try the above examples, you'll see that those work.Oh, I think I got it. You mean PAGE break, as if you have one file containing all the data, for example:

<p>Some <u>text and some more <br>text</u></p>

But yet by using a server side script for example, your text is divided into pages, such as on the first page you'll have

<p>Some<u>text</u>

and on the other page

<u>and some more <br>text</u></p>

So the question technically speaking is how to preserve the tag inbetween pages. Right?Hmm... I would suggest that you use the server side script language and set it to close all opened tags after it extracts them. In the same manner, closing tags should be opened at the beginning of the page.

First stop, messages on this board are public and anyone could see them, so there's no point in making two posts (one for each person), when you could make "one post to tell them all".Anyway, what do you mean by "loose their meaning"? If you try the above examples, you'll see that those work.Oh, I think I got it. You mean PAGE break, as if you have one file containing all the data, for example:
<p>Some <u>text and some more <br>text</u></p>

But yet by using a server side script for example, your text is divided into pages, such as on the first page you'll have

<p>Some<u>text</u>

and on the other page

<u>and some more <br>text</u></p>

So the question technically speaking is how to preserve the tag inbetween pages. Right?Hmm... I would suggest that you use the server side script language and set it to close all opened tags after it extracts them. In the same manner, closing tags should be opened at the beginning of the page.

Yes You got my point . I mean to say that if <b><u> some text is written on one page ,but the closing tag </b></u> is on other page .Then text written on other page will not be bpld and underline. Yes i can make them bold and underline by including those tag again on second page. but suppose if number of pages is too large to perform these operation manually on each page. Is there any technique so that information for First page can be maintained on secong Page, so that HTML tags dont loose their meaning if PAGEBREAK comes in between.

I mean to say  that if <b><u> some text is written on one page ,but the closing tag </b></u> is on other page .Then text written on other page will not be bpld and underline.

Well i just gave this a shot and it seems to work fine, text on the second page is still underlined + bold.
<div><b><u>Hi how are you? <div style="page-break-after:always"></div>I am fine</u></b></div>

:)