NEED HELP with a ASP.NET sessions

LJnel

Web Matrix is a community-supported, WYSIWYG application development tool for ASP.NET.So i guess creating sessions will not be different. If you could be more detailed it will be easier for any suggestion...

hey i just want to ask u something simpleif i hav a normal log in, username and password, when i enter the username and password, how do i now continue ??? do i assign that username to a session and the password to another session?(can u maybe provide me with a code example of how the assignment process works and then how to go and look in you DB ms access).and a last questtion, how do i now keep that session thru out that user's browsing??thank you :)

you would check the password and username against your database to see if it is a match. If it is I usually put the username into a session. SO when checking a Session if it equals null then the user is logged in if it is equal to something, they are logged in.

Once you create a session it will last for some time. This time, for how long the session should last can be set. In the web.config file, look for this<sessionState .................... ................... .................... timeout="20" />The timeout attribute sets the length in minutes before a session will expire. here sessions will last for 20 mins.