A good random function

RAZZ

Hi,I am having trouble working with the built-in math.random() function.What I need is a function that can return a good random number between two set values, or just 0 and a set value.So.. Does anyone have one?This 0-1 stuff is really confusing me.Thanks!/EDITOk, so now I have some code to go with the post. I would really appreciate some oppinions on weather or not this function will return "good" random numbers, and why - or why not.

function rand(value){	return Math.round( Math.random()*100000 )%value;}

Let the discussions begin..... Whadda ya say :)

This will produce a random number between 0 and 10, use an alert to check values if you are unsure.

alert(Math.floor(Math.random()*11))

Yeah, OK. But does each number have an equal chance of coming up?

Yes they all have an equal chance, but i would say if you were to refresh the page 10 times the chances of every number showing at least once would be slim, but possible. :)
And what if I want 0-333, can I just do
Math.floor(Math.random()*334)

?

Correct :)

Yes they all have an equal chance, but...
OK, I will trust you on that, for now... :):) But I think I will have to test it some time. Then I will be shure to report back with my findings.Thanks again!

Well, since you can only set one number, and the other number is always 0, I wouldnt like that very much. Heres a function one where you set the min #(num1) and the max #(num2):

function randomnumber(num1, num2){	num1 = parseInt(num1);	num2 = parseInt(num2);  var generator = Math.random()*(num2-num1);  generator = Math.round(num1+generator);  document.test.result.value = generator;}

heres and example:

randomnumber(5000, 5050);

that would produce a number inbetween those..hope you like this one =]