Php and apache

fmwanje

Instead of installing Apache and other stuff individually, try installing EASYPHP or XAMPP. These are like packages, if you install XAMPP you'll get,MySQL 5.0.20 PHP 5.1.1 PHP 4.4.2-pl phpMyAdmin 2.8.0.3 XAMPP Control Panel Version 2.2 FileZilla FTP Server 0.9.14a and EASYPHP Package includes an Apache server, a MySQL database, PHP.for installation just google for these name.

I use XAMPP. I think it works nicely. I have one question for you. are you trying to set you computer up as a server or are you just trying to test a few php files? If you want to set up your own server you should install everything seperately because xampp has some security issues that can be fixed but take some time. I dont know if you can use phpeasy as a server. i am thinking you cant but i may be wrong. on windows you have to install apache and php and other things like that as a service.

Yeah thats a important point SFB mentioned.No, easyphp is not for web server, EasyPHP is not designed to be used as a production server, but as developing server to test your pages offline before moving them on the hosting server. Indeed, Apache for Windows is a test version, and is not guaranteed for an optimal operation (reliability, load rising, ...) contrary to Unix/Linux based platforms. Using EasyPHP as a "production" server is very risky

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!So I have been at least a hundred times installing and re-installing PHP and MySQL and Apache and I could just get EASYPHP and it all could work? :):):)

I guess you could, or you could also just set it up right the first time. If you go through the setup guides on php.net and mysql.org they pretty much go step-by-step, it just takes a little time and effort.

Yeah thats a important point SFB mentioned.No, easyphp is not for web server, EasyPHP is not designed to be used as a production server, but as developing server to test your pages offline before moving them on the hosting server. Indeed, Apache for Windows is a test version, and is not guaranteed for an optimal operation (reliability, load rising, ...) contrary to Unix/Linux based platforms. Using EasyPHP as a "production" server is very risky

what is the different of production server and developing server?

what is the different of production server and developing server?

well.. If you are going to make a computer a production server and you would delete everything off of the computer ut what is needed to make it a server.. and it would sit there, and cost money, but you could host domains on it.A developing server jsut runs the code of a file offline to see what it looks like.. so in reality, its not really a server at all.. more like a compiler.

I guess you could, or you could also just set it up right the first time.  If you go through the setup guides on php.net and mysql.org they pretty much go step-by-step, it just takes a little time and effort.

But my only problem is that I can't get it to work!Now, I have easyphp installed, do I need to do what to open the PHP files? :)

well..  If you are going to make a computer a production server and you would delete everything off of the computer ut what is needed to make it a server.. and it would sit there, and cost money, but you could host domains on it.A developing server jsut runs the code of a file offline to see what it looks like.. so in reality, its not really a server at all.. more like a compiler.

Both machines are servers, the difference is only what you use them for. Development servers are constantly changing, and the new code that is being written is being tested on them. They can either have access to the internet or not, I have development servers that are online and others just over a local network. Production servers are the live internet servers that host a stable version of the code, these are the servers that the public actually logs on to and uses. When the software is stable enough, you move it from the development server to the production server.

EasyPhp, I gave up on it. Instead, I think that I found another way to get it working on my computer.I installed PWS and used it as localhost to my ASP files, I did the Windows install on PHP.net and configured it (in the install program) to work with the PWS. However, when I try to open my PHP files, I get a 403 error (that's the "no rights, forbidden"-error).

HTTP-virhe 403403.1 Estetty: Suorittaminen estetty.Tämä virhe saattaa johtua siitä, että olet yrittänyt suorittaa CGI- tai ISAPI-sovelluksen tai muun suoritettavan ohjelman kansiosta, jolle ei ole määritetty suoritusoikeutta.Ota yhteyttä Web-palvelimen järjestelmänvalvojaan, jos ongelma jatkuu.
That means:
HTTP-error 403403.1 Forbidden: Running forbidden.This error might be caused of you trying to run a CGI- or ISAPI- program or other program from a folder what has not been given rights for running.Take contact to the Web-server's system supervisor, if the problem continues to happen
How do I round this problem?

I mean that I get a 403 error when I'm opening a PHP file via PWS, which works with ASP. It says that I need to give rights to run the PHP in PWS. How do I do this?

Make sure that you give the directory you want to run your PHP files from Execute permissions. You should have permissions for read, write, and execute, make sure your PHP directories have the execute permission. I've never used PWS, so I'm not exactly sure how to configure that, but see if you can find it.

Make sure that you give the directory you want to run your PHP files from Execute permissions.  You should have permissions for read, write, and execute, make sure your PHP directories have the execute permission.  I've never used PWS, so I'm not exactly sure how to configure that, but see if you can find it.

I have *.asp and *.php files in the same folder.The folder has given full rights.When I open an ASP file, the file executing works just fine.When I open a PHP file, I get an 403.1 error. :)--------------------------------------------------------------------EDIT: Heeey, wait now... :blink: I checked my virtual folders, there was another folder with the same path, and the cgi-bin with no rights!!!! Ok, I gave all folders full rights (this is localhost) and my PHP works!!! :):) Wov, av-3274.jpgROCKS!!!! Edited by aleksanteri