Trouble with width in firefox

jwegan

Hi, I spent a lot of time searching google, and this forum and I can't find a solution to my problem.Basically I have a form with 3 select boxes lined up side by side in a table. Now some of the options text can get pretty long, and I want the entire table to fit inside the browser window and the select boxes to all be equal widths.My CSS works exactly the way I want in IE, the select boxes are all equal width and the entire table fits in the window and gets resized as I resize my browser window. However in Firefox the entire select list is displayed instead of being cut short and I can't seem to get it to work.Any help woudl be apppreciated.Here is a link to what I'm talking aboutThe html looks something like this...<style type="text/css">table.optDisplay td{ width: 33%;}select.optList { width: 100%;}</style><form ...><table width="100%" class="optDisplay" ...><tr><td> <select class="optList" ...> ... </select></td><td> <select class="optList" ...> ... </select></td><td> <select class="optList" ...> ... </select></td></tr></table></form>

[removed]Try that. Compare your code with mine. I took off those nasty tables.Now I don't get to play with forms that often so I decided to give this ashot, this is also CSS and html strict valid. I didn't see any errors onFirefox, Opera or IE.Hoped that helped.

Edited by RahXephon

http://oneuse.awardspace.com/form.htmlTry that. Compare your code with mine. I took off those nasty tables.Now I don't get to play with forms that often so I decided to give this ashot, this is also CSS and html strict valid. I didn't see any errors onFirefox, Opera or IE.Hoped that helped.

sweet, thats exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

From what I can see, it's being distorted in Firefox because the content you've put in each box is wider than the specified widht.

Well... stuff like that is annoying, I know. But that's whatthe poster wanted, he/she probably has some reason to do it that way.