Give moderator's names colors

zachary

Its usualy to distinguish them from normal members, so the members will sit up and take notice of what they are saying.Double egeded sword as people will also notice moderators if they every do anything silly. =p

you can change the pip thingies underneath your member rank in the admin panel, so some member ranks can stand out more than others.but there are a bunch of links at the bottom of the forum index page - Today's active topics · The moderating team · Today's top 10 posters · Overall top 10 postershave a guess which one you need to click on to find out the mods :) :)

I still dont see a point.. you can look at there member group and read *gasps* or look at the moderating team link at bottom of index page :)

Why distinguish us? We're normal members--we just act up if we find something that should catch our attention, and hardly do we post about it if we do. Stop trying to isolate us *cries*:)

He means not to isolate you, but to give you moderators special attention and eyecatching style :)See it as it were positive instead of negative :)[*Edit:]Coloring the moderators is part of the stylesheet, or better known, the skin, isn't it? Skinning is in progress, doesn't it?

Edited by Dan The Prof

It distinguishes them. On a normal forum it would be:Admin :redGlobal Modertor: BlueModerator: Green

Actually, we are global moderators, so... could we be blue? :)It would be changed in css, yeah, but if you notice, we don't have a different classname on posts than other posters, so... :)

It's just a simple <span> tag in a text box in the ACP with clearly labled instructions next to it in BOLD, but there's no real point, and like we've said before, the adminstrators don't have the time to make small changes :S

Agressive moderating or moderator picking shouldn't be present on this forum IMO, since we're all the same to some extend: a happy bunch of smart geeks who like to share knowledge.Still... the moderators in this topic who state that they shouldn't need to be distinguished have the word 'moderator' in their signature. You can see who's a moderator in multiple ways so you'll only want more clues if you're up to something. And I hope that remains a no-no. I've been on a number of forums (mostly webcomic related) and this one is in my top ten of most enjoyable forums.

Agressive moderating or moderator picking shouldn't be present on this forum
You must have not been here the last few weeks. Who should take care of all that SPAM? The admin, kaijim, is busy working on w3schools.com.

You must have not been here the last few weeks. Who should take care of all that  SPAM?

That's not 'agressive moderating', that's a job well done. :) I've known some bad moderators who switched 'mod' with 'god', none of them are here. I also said it shouldn't be present, but unfortunately it is on other forums.I fully second Dan's suggestion to give you a medal. :)

Nah, I'm just kidding, we don't need any renown for what we do. If we are of help, that's credit enough.

Whether it would be nice or not doesn't matter if it can't be done because of the way the forum code is written, meaning our name has the same class as yours in the code:

<td valign="middle" class="row2" width="1%"><a name="entry25318"></a><span class="normalname"><a href='http://w3schools.invisionzone.com/index.php?showuser=2173'>RahXephon</a></span></td>...<td valign="middle" class="row2" width="1%"><a name="entry25349"></a><span class="normalname"><a href='http://w3schools.invisionzone.com/index.php?showuser=210'>Jonas</a></span></td>

No differance except for the entry# and showuser#. I can imagine one way, but it won't work in IE, and that's attribute selection.a[href=http://w3schools.invisionzone.com/index.php?showuser=210] span.normalname { }of course,a[href=http://w3schools.invisionzone.com/index.php?showuser=210] span.normalnamewould have to be four of, one for each different showuser value. The user number of myself, Skemcin, Chocolate570 and aspnetguy. :)

Ow, I don't know how IPB works, but InvisionFree has an ACP in which you can define a special unique style for every user group :)

Oh yeah, that's right, I had totally forgotten about that. I remember now, you can edit different user group, giving them a prefix and a suffix, so it would be as easy as:[ Prefix: ] [ <span style="color: #0000ff"> ][ Suffix: ] [ </span> ]I suppose that would likely be an option in IPB as well. Hmm. Can't believe I forgot about that... :)*smacks forehead*