embedin a video

jibo

i want to embed a video into my page ive got a code that works whic is <embed name='RAOCXplayer' src='http://filepathorwotevaere.com' autostart='true' type='application/x-mplayer2' width='300' height='250' showcontrols='1' showstatusbar='0' loop='True' enablecontextmenu='0' displaysize='0' pluginspage='http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/Downloads/Contents/Products/MediaPlayer/'></embed>however wen i use this code a pop up box cums up sayin 'clik here to activate active active x control' will this happen for every1 or is it becuase i have something missing on my PC that i need to automatically play the video if so does ne1 no how 2 fix this... or does ne1 no another way i can embed a video without using this style, does it depend on the file type i.e .3gp or .wmv ect if nebody knows wot im rambling on about plz reply lol either here or at jamesbowen34@hotmail.com. Thanks

This bothered me too, I think the popup (which is actually a tooltip) is caused by the <embed> or the <object> element itself, I get it at every site that has flash, clickable moving pictures, or just media players. I think this is due to the browser, are you using IE? I do too, but does FF have this too?

This bothered me too, I think the popup (which is actually a tooltip) is caused by the <embed> or the <object> element itself, I get it at every site that has flash, clickable moving pictures, or just media players. I think this is due to the browser, are you using IE? I do too, but does FF have this too?

to b honest i aint sure bout FF i jus use IE lol but it really gets 2 me lol every tym everysite lol but i only use IE dont no anythin bout FF lol

to b honest i aint sure bout FF i jus use IE lol but it really gets 2 me lol every tym everysite lol but i only use IE dont no anythin bout FF lol
Surely you did not actually laugh 4 times while writing that. You have interesting typing habits. You type out the word "really", but abbreviate the word "be", just misspell the words "time", "just", and "about", then you go and type all of "anything", only to leave off the final g.
seem relly rubbish sucurity 2 me lol its jus pure annoyin lol wel thanks neway
I have to fix it!
Well that seems like really rubbish security to me, ha-ha!  It's just pure annoying, much like trying to read purposefully-misspelled text, ha-ha!  Well, thanks anyway Dan!  Justsomeguy is the greatest!
Ahh, that's better.

Surely you did not actually laugh 4 times while writing that.  You have interesting typing habits.  You type out the word "really", but abbreviate the word "be", just misspell the words "time", "just", and "about", then you go and type all of "anything", only to leave off the final g.I have to fix it!Ahh, that's better.

ye thanks 4 that.... btw im a bit drunk hense the the mistakes lol.

Haha, funny grammar teacher, you justsomeguy :) I thought you were about to give the sollution, but no :)That word you say, is just a self made up word for the name of the player, it doesn't do anything :)[*Edit:] Flash might also get this thing I remember :blink:

Edited by Dan The Prof

I'm not entirely sure what's going on, but this may be the problem:RAOCXplayerI've just never heard of that.  You can also embed your video into a flash movie and do it that way.

ye i no that but i can only get it to autoplay i want a few videos on my page so the vistors can choose which 1 they want to play and stop and start as they please, i dont know how to make these in flash itself so i though the RAOCXplayer wud b easier or sum other simlilar way.. im fairly new to html so dont no a great deal, thats y im askin here lol seems like the best place :)

ok wel my lil confusin question seems 2 be more indepth then what i 4rt lol, im drunk n a newbie i think im better off leaving it unless sum1 can giv me a javascript or html code or whatever cos im 2 confussed :) :S:S:S:S

Well tough titty, IE was taken to court and forced to do it.  Maybe now you will try another browser Danny, lol maybe not  :)

I will most certainly not :) :) Please, call me Dan.It bothered me, but I don't really care about clicking once. Edited by Dan The Prof

ok wel my lil confusin question seems 2 be more indepth then what i 4rt lol, im drunk n a newbie i think im better off leaving it unless sum1 can giv me a javascript or html code or whatever cos im 2 confussed :) :S:S:S:S

Do a google search for embedding video and you'll see some examples that may work for you.
what i 4rt lol
Did you just f4rt?

ok wel my lil confusin question seems 2 be more indepth then what i 4rt lol, im drunk n a newbie i think im better off leaving it unless sum1 can giv me a javascript or html code or whatever cos im 2 confussed :blink: :S:S:S:S

There is a javascript solution, if you search the net you'll find it. Then again don't drink and surf :)
Please, call me Dan.
Please, call me Scott :blink:
Did you just f4rt?
hahahahhah lololol :):) what a stink icon8.gif