help with fonts in textareas

jibo

hi, i have a simple textareat i want to use to display my updates in the code im using is <textarea ROWS=5 COLS=15 style="border style:solid" font>UPDATES!updates displayed in ere!!!!!!!</textarea>im ok as far as that.... the problem i have is i want the word 'updates' underlined and centered at da top of the box can anyone help me?? im kinda lost as ive never reli used textareas lol. thanks

All of the text in a textarea contains the same formatting. You would have to use an iframe or a scrolling div if you want to do something like that, but those cannot be typed in. If you want to type in it, it all takes one format.

You'll want ot put it outside the text area...it will save many headaches.something like this maybe?\

<div style="text-align:center">  <span style="text-decoration:underline">Updates</span><br/>  <textarea......>updates here</textarea></div>

Or just don't use a textarea lol :)You can enheight and enwidth a div and force it to show scrollbars if the content overflows it :) Would be the same as a textarea, but without the possibility to edit the content, hence much safer :)