Editing & Updating Xml files

navdmk

Hi, Iam an XML newbie here. I have a XML file & can display it contents using XSL file. Now what i want to do is show all elements & 2 of the elements in textboxes & allow the user to edit these and on submiting this form, update those elements in XML file,& again display all these elements. When dispalying the elements in textboxes how do i name them(textboxes),so that on submitting the form i can update the XML file. Pls clarify.Thanks in Advance.

Hi,  Iam an XML newbie here. I have a XML file & can display it contents using XSL file. Now what i want to do is show all elements &  2 of the elements in textboxes & allow the user to edit these and on submiting this form, update those elements in XML file,& again display all these elements.   When dispalying the elements in textboxes how do i name them(textboxes),so that on submitting the form i can update the XML file. Pls clarify.Thanks in Advance.

Read the article below, it tells how to update XML,XSL files using asp, if you are familiar with asp coding.http://xmlfiles.com/articles/michael/editingxml/default.aspHope this helps.

You can do something like

<form name="input" action="form_action.asp"method="get">Data: <input type="text" name="user" value="{node-set}"><input type="submit" value="Submit"></form>

Where you must replace "node-set" with an XPath expression to the actual data and "form_action.asp" with a sever side scripting file (not necessary ASP) that would perform the processes for updating the XML. You can't do that with XSLT alone I mean.

the script you send the form to will just have to open the file, search for something to replace, and replace it with the new value.I would reccomend having a hidden element with the same value, so that the script will know what to replace.LG