links in textareas

jibo

hi im using this code......<div style="text-align:center"> <span style="text-decoration:underline">Links</span><br><TEXTAAREA rows="5" cols="20" style="border style:solid; FONT" style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Georgia">links in erelinks in erelinks in ere</TEXTAAREA></div>and i want links in the the text box obviously wer 'links in ere are!! can anyone help me please! Cheers!

That's impossible. Text areas contain only plain text. You can later on transform that text so it becomes a link, but you can't make it so that when you edit it, there is a link.The only plausable way would be to use Flash, or other plug-in technology, which has such options. Or perhaps a REALLY complex JavaScript to "draw" such a field and it's rules. If you really need to have such an extra, it's better to use a plug-in technology.

It's also a good idea to spell 'textarea' correctly. You also have 2 style attributes, you should only have 1 that contains everything. There is also no CSS attribute called "FONT" without any properties, you can use a font attribute to specify all font properties, but you don't just write "font".

wel that code actually works with the FONT, unless im misunderstanding what your saying... but ive seen a text box with links in it, i went on veiw source and it had<ilayer name="scroll1"><div id="scroll3" ...........does this mean anything to you guys?????

wel that code actually works with the FONT, unless im misunderstanding what your saying... but ive seen a text box with links in it, i went on veiw source and it had<ilayer name="scroll1"><div id="scroll3" ...........does this mean anything to you guys?????

i think i just had a blonde moment... i think im sorted now lol

I'm saying right now you have this:style="border style:solid; FONT" style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Georgia"Seen another way, this:style="border style:solid; FONT" style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Georgia"Two style attributes, the first one has "border style" (it needs to be "border-style"), with solid, and then it just says "FONT" and doesn't do anything else. The second style attribute has a bunch of font properties. You should combine those two, fix the border-style, and remove the FONT, to say this:style="border-style:solid; font-weight: bold; font-size: 10pt; font-family: Georgia;"Also, there is no "ilayer" as far as I know, you are probably thinking of an iframe.