add how to disable forms

zachary

But it does, if you check the Xhtml tutorial, and go to the taglist reference, at the input page it will say that "disabled" as an attribute is allowed :) In Xhtml it actually needs to have a value though.http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_input.aspOr do you mean in an example? :)

Edited by Dan The Prof

I think it should be written like this:<input type="" vaue="" name="" maxlength="" disabled="disabled" />

In Xhtml it actually needs to have a value though.

So I said, Scott :) That is the syntax for Xhtml :) Edited by Dan The Prof

technically, it should be written:

<input type="xxxxxx" vaue="xxxxxx" name="xxxxxx" maxlength="xx" disabled="disabled" />

(don't forget the trialing forward slash on tags that have no closing tag):)

And in the end, we come to fully agreement that the correct syntax of the input element is... :)<input type="xx" value="xx" name="xx" maxlength="xx" disabled="disabled" />(there was an "L" missing in one of the attributes too)

Edited by Dan The Prof

And finally not forgetting id should be used.<input type="xx" value="xx" name="xx" id="xx" maxlength="xx" disabled="disabled" />In XHTML the name attribute is deprecated. Use id instead.Note: To interoperate with older browsers for a while, you should use both name and id, with identical attribute values.I think that covers everything :)