Cookies

and.hunt

I am trying to use cookies in my site:

<?phpif (isset($_COOKIE["language_english"]))echo "<?php require("./english/menu.php"); ?>"  . $_COOKIE["language_english"] . "<br />";if (isset($_COOKIE["language_german"]))echo "<?php require("./german/menu.php"); ?>";else"";?>

When I try to load the page i get an error:Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '/' in /usr/export/www/vhosts/funnetwork/hosting/andrewjrvhunt/page/index.php on line 23(page: http://andrewjrvhunt.an.funpic.de/page/index.php). When I remove the <?php require("./english/menu.php"); ?> part out the page works. How can I get this to work properly?

There is a syntax error...echo "<?php require("./english/menu.php"); ?>" ?!

<?phpif (isset($_COOKIE["language_english"])) {require("./english/menu.php");echo $_COOKIE["language_english"] . "<br />";}if (isset($_COOKIE["language_german"]))require("./german/menu.php");elseecho "";?>

I'd like a more detailed one, that is the first one i tried. ANd i have another problem, i try to get a cookie to be made, but none is made (I use FF, whenever a cookie is to be set I get a message, but in this case i don't.):

<?php setcookie("language_english", $name, time()+36000);?>

(i have it right at the start of the document, before the opening html tag)

I'd like a more detailed one, that is the first one i tried. ANd i have another problem, i try to get a cookie to be made, but none is made (I use FF, whenever a cookie is to be set I get a message, but in this case i don't.):
<?php setcookie("language_english", $name, time()+36000);?>

(i have it right at the start of the document, before the opening html tag)

Can you post the full code...it will help us debug.

It's okay now, i've realised what ive been doing wrong. But is it possible to dothis:

<?phpif (isset($_COOKIE["language_english"])) {require("./english/menu.php");echo $_COOKIE["language_english"] . "<br />";}if (isset($_COOKIE["language_german"]))require("./german/menu.php");elseecho "";?>

But instead of having two cookies, have it set up that the first option displays if ther's a cookie called language, with value english, and the other one when the cookies value is german?

Yes, and if the folders are named just like the cookie values, then you can shorten your code:

<?phpif (isset($_COOKIE["language"])) {require("./" . $_COOKIE["language"] . "/menu.php");echo $_COOKIE["language"] . "<br />";}?>