such a basic question!!!! :@

jibo

im wanting a drop down menu so when i click on my selection it opens in a frame, i know this is probably so basic to you guys lol so please help!! I did have a code for a drop down box but i havent anymore and cant findd it anywhere... pesky impatientness :) CHEERS!!!

Here's one, all you need to do is change showframe to the name of the frame you want to target:

<select onchange="parent.showframe.location=this.value;"><option value="http://www.google.com">Google</option><option value="http://www.yahoo.com">Yahoo</option></select>

PLUS i didnt understand justsomeguys version :) but im a bit of an idiot :)

Well you did say you are a newbie and javascript can take a while to get used too, stick with it and it'll soon begin to make sense. :)

Well you did say you are a newbie and javascript can take a while to get used too, stick with it and it'll soon begin to make sense.  :)

I've been trying to learn JavaScript also, it's just too confusing! Maybe when I'm old and wise I will have the ablity to understand it better. :)

I think Javascript syntax is pretty easy to understand. Not necessarily the object model or things like that, but the syntax is pretty straightforward. Languages like Javascript, PHP, C/C++ etc have very similar control structures and statements. As opposed to VB, which was designed to be a teaching tool that people have tried to use for actual applications. I consider the syntax of VB to be fairly confusing, or counter-intuitive, but that's only because the first language I learned was C++ and we never even touched on BASIC or VB in school. VB seems to require a lot of workarounds or hacks for things that other languages have implicit support for. I don't really like how VB handles arrays or functions at all. Most languages have the concept of a return value, including an explicit 'return' statement, but in VB you assign the name of the function some return value, that seems weird to me.Anyway, to each his own, but if at all possible I recommend basically ignoring VB, Microsoft will be dropping support for it soon and expecting everyone to move to VB.NET (which, again, has an alternative in C#). Anything you would use VB for has an alternative. The only frustrating thing is trying to find examples of things like ASP using Jscript instead of VBscript (people seem to equate ASP with VB), but there are plenty of examples if you know where to look.