Looking For PHP/Mysql programmer for online game

nicholaschan24

Hello,I am looking for PHP/mysql programmers, for an online rpg text based game.I am looking for programmers, who could make the game from scratch, with the help of other professionals.If you think you can help or want more information, email me atnicholaschan24@hotmail.comThank You

I doubt you'll find anyone willing to just go off and majke you a game from scratch, unless you actually hire them or something, games and things like that are verrrrry complex and take quite a while to create :)

I am looking for programmers, who could make the game from scratch, with the help of other professionals.

does that mean you only want professionals? what is the theme of the game? I think if you want people to help, you should give more info.

Who are you and what is this all about?This isn't exactly the most professional of advertising environments so you aren't quite inspiring me (or anyone else) with confidence about who we might be working for/with. You need to tell us what this is about and show us some credentials. You also need to tell us what money is involved (you use the word professional so I assume you intend on paying people).

I'm a PHP/MySQL developer and I'd love to work on a project like this, but I'd like some additional details and more official specifications for what I'll supposedly be doing...I'm even willing to do some work for free, depending on the nature of it.Do you have an official website for this game? How far are you in the development process? You can e-mail me personally at thepsion5@hotmail.com, but I imagine several others might be interested if you disclosed some more concrete details.

Basically, you will have to build the game from scratch. It will be a text based game, with minimal graphics. It will be based in PHP using mysql tables.What the game evolves, it is a turns based game, where you gain turns every hour, with a limit on the number of turns. You can then use the turns to work, to gain money. With the money you can buy weapons, which you can then attack other people with. There will also be special characters to attack. You can gain experience by doing the following things, and gain extra stats by doing this. Stats will include attack, defense and so on.The game will be based on www.gangsterz2.net, however i have some extra hidden features i would like to add, and also some more special features to make the game unique.I have also purchased $200 of google adverts, to promote the site around the internet, and therefore I hope the game will grow quickly. Income will come in from donations, merchandise will be sold, revenue from adverts on the site and players can subscribe to the game to get extra features, but at a price. Therefore, we will be giving you a donation when we receive some money. I will also give you an admin place on the game.

Sorry to sound rude but that sounds very suspicious. We spend months writing you a game that you will use to make money for yourself, but promise to give us a "donation" once the game has made some money and an admin spot on the game.What exactly will be the benefits of an admin spot on the game except to provide support for the game (more work without pay).I don't think you will get too many people jumping at this opportunity. There are dozens of projects like that on freelance programming sites offering the programmers $400-500 or more.

Basically, you will have to build the game from scratch. we will be giving you a donation when we receive some money. I will also give you an admin place on the game.
haha is this a joke? :) You expect someone to build the game from scratch and will be given a donation when you receive some money :) if you receive any money.Sounds to me like you'll be sitting back raking in whatever cash this generates while some poor guy does all the coding for peanuts.To be given an admin place on a game you wrote, great... not :) Good luck recruiting :ph34r:

haha is this a joke?  :) You expect someone to build the game from scratch and will be given a donation when you receive some money  :)  if you receive any money.Sounds to me like you'll be sitting back raking in whatever cash this generates while some poor guy does all the coding for peanuts.To be given an admin place on a game you wrote, great... not  :blink: Good luck recruiting :ph34r:

If I really wanted to be garenteed an admin spot I would code a back door :)

I've seen a game like this before... the person that sat next to me in a computer based class played it. You get turn every hours, and get points for fighting players... test based with almost not graphics. The game sucked... I think it was called Bit Fight or something.

I've seen a game like this before... the person that sat next to me in a computer based class played it. You get turn every hours, and get points for fighting players... test based with almost not graphics. The game sucked... I think it was called Bit Fight or something.

There are lots of games like that Earth2025, Stars Empire. They are pretty boring.

One of those that I've seen a lot of people play at work is Kingdom of Loathing:http://www3.kingdomofloathing.com/login.phpIt's pretty funny, the game is based on humor, and makes fun of the other RPG cliches. Instead of gold or whatever, the economy is based on meat. One of the guys at work here has something like 8 million meat, which you can use to buy ingredients (among other things) to make drinks, which give you more adventures (obviously). The Red Pixel Potion give you health. And all of the graphics are pencil drawings.

test based with almost not graphics.
Do people actually like that? a text based game sounds pretty crappy in this day and age. Give me miniclip.com anyday :)

Oh yeah. Definetly heared that, been there and all. I must give my congratulations to nicholaschan24 though, scince at least he knows what language(s) should be used for the game to exist. Other entusiasts I have encountered have been sooo noobish that they are practically asking for a game like CMS. If there were any, I bet they aren't free anyway, but that's another thing.I think the reason for which we don't like text based games is because we're used to see text in our work (who doesn't do coding here?) so enterteiment is suppose to be something polarly opposite, like a flash game, or any other game which involves "action". But think if you were a graphic designer. Always thinking of the look and never for the essence of things. Wouldn't you like to read something which would bring you both the vision and essence by itself?

I've seen a couple of these games. There are a lot out there and basicly this isnt anything new and will be very hard to make money with...You should try to do something new like: http://games.swirve.com/UTOPIA/utopia has been around for some time now, but I have never seen any games that looks like this one. That also explains why the maker is a miljonair by now :)