I haven't laughed....

aspnetguy

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wooow. Didn't know that. What people do with their spare time... :)

That's why I tell people that it is important to have your keywords inside the link text when other sites link to them. I think that Google probably gives that more weight than most other things, excluding the actual page content.

That would be a Google-bomb, there are several out there.
A Google of mass desrtruction :) read on...There was one of these circulating a few years ago, if you typed into google "weapons of mass destruction" and then clicked "I'm Feeling Lucky" you were taken to This Page. *READ IT - LINK ISN'T BROKENIt doesn't seem to work anymore though (that's why i posted the link above :) )

what is even funnier is that its been like that for years. just like this one, use the "I'm Feeling Lucky" button for this phrase:"french military victories"

what is even funnier is that its been like that for years.  just like this one, use the "I'm Feeling Lucky" button for this phrase:"french military victories"

Okay, but do you notice that it is not a google page? If anything, google should go after these folks for copyright infringements.

• 5 months later...

Okay, so that's a google bomb, but did you know there's also a reverse microsoft bomb?1. Open notepad.2. Type in "Bush hid the facts" (without the quotes)3. Save the file as *.txt (*=free choice)4. Close notepad5. Open the file againIt would seem microsoft disapproves of Bush criticism. :)

What's even weirder is that I just copied the squares in here to show to justsomeguy, and got this:畂桳栠摩琠敨映捡獴Anyone here good at chinese? :)