W3Schools should make a wiki tutorial

johna100

------------------------------------------------------------------------I know some html, css, xml and lately ive been wanting to create a wiki from scratch but i have no idea, i learned xml from W3CSchools and i like how there tutorials are set up, personaly i think W3Schools should make a tutorial on Wikis, thankyouIf anyone has some opinions on "if W3CSchools should make a Wiki tutorial" please post.-John Allenp.s. if anyone knows of a Wiki tutorial site please post the URL.

Right, everything online is just an application. There isn't a unique skill set that goes into developing a wiki versus developing a forum or a photo gallery, you still need good design skills and good programming skills, you just use them to do a different thing.

I have a mediawiki on my site...W3Schools could easily have one.. yeah just put you logo and some info and your done.

I've never used one of these, can you confirm the procedure.Surely joe bloggs can't just make changes to a page, there must be steps in place to make sure the info is correct. So are the "edits" to a page approved by someone?

You can make it so all edits have to be approved scott, but then when you have lots of edits, you need a team behind you to approve them. But yes, any random person can come up, edit a page, and go back.

You can make it so all edits have to be approved scott, but then when you have lots of edits, you need a team behind you to approve them. But yes, any random person can come up, edit a page, and go back.

That's what i thought, thanks. :)

Thx everyone for all the info, i think ill buy some software to make a wiki.....yup.....

Oh, don't bother buying software. Because you can find millions of wiki softwares all over the internet. Try media wiki. It's what wikipedia uses. :)Chocohttp://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki

Thankyou for the link but I can't seem to find where to start a wiki on the page.

you download the scripts... then set it up and get it setup to run.Wikipedia and my wiki lets anyone change anything... you delete everything and put "you ######" on every page, but then anyone can revert it in a couple of seconds. Mediawiki keeps records of every saved change.

you download the scripts... then set it up and get it setup to run.Wikipedia and my wiki lets anyone change anything... you delete everything and put "you ######" on every page, but then anyone can revert it in a couple of seconds. Mediawiki keeps records of every saved change.

Thx for the information.

wiki is a good idea, there are tons of other information that maybe useful that are not covered in the tutorialsfor example, contraints in SQL should be something basic that should be covered. and if wiki was implemented, i bet someone would do provide info on it(me maybe? ^__^)