insufficient privileges

mckenzie

ALTER TABLE instructor ADDCONSTRAINT instructor_FK1FOREIGN KEY (UNI_ID)REFERENCES dev1.UNIVERSITY (UNI_ID)i'm getting insufficient privileges for this statement.what privileges do i need to giv myself. there are 3 userssystemora1dev1

Ok I'll need some more info first.What OS are you using?What Server are you using? (Apache, IIS, Other)What version?What Server side language are you using? (PHP, ASP, Other)What database are you using?

i'm oracle 8, i dont know the server but its jus in my college. this is the only thing i havent gotten to work. i f icreate the tables using dev1 i can do this easily but i have to create the univeristy table with dev1 and all the rest wiv ora1. on this topic is all the tables i had to create wiv ora1http://w3schools.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=4969

Okay, please explain the need to use different users.Did you say that if you use dev1 you don't get the permissions errors? If this is true you need to look at what is different between dev1 and ora1

Okay, please explain the need to use different users.Did you say that if you use dev1 you don't get the permissions errors? If this is true you need to look at what is different between dev1 and ora1

well i need to create dev1 as it states it as a task in the assignment. with this user i need to create a new table. i can do this. then i need to take the primary key from this table and put it into the student table and the instructor table as a foreign key. i need to do this connected to the dev1 user. well the code on the topic i have sent i jus copied the privileges that ora1 has and gave them to dev1. it still doesn't work.