Need help with image manipulation...

virtualadz

bhura_logo.gif                              logoEbay_150x70.gifdoes anyone know how do i make my logo adapt to the background color, you can see the ebay logo has adapted the background color, but my logo shows a white background to it's full size 150X70, how can i do this.

You need to save the image with transparency, in your case white would become transparent. I think gimp can do this.

I believe you downloaded Paint.Net? Open your logo in this program, and on the color wheel menu, click [ More >> ]Use the Transparency - Alpha and set it to 0. Then paint your background (the white parts) with this. Save it as gif.

The way I described is with paint.net. So if you have that, just follow my instructions.

I believe you downloaded Paint.Net? Open your logo in this program, and on the color wheel menu, click [ More >> ]Use the Transparency - Alpha and set it to 0. Then paint your background (the white parts) with this. Save it as gif.
.1 opened the logo2. clocked on more and then set transparency - alpha to 0. 3. you said, "Then paint your background (the white parts) with this" , what does the 'with this mean here', so what i did was picked the paint bucket and painted all area with white, saved as .gif same as before.most probably the last step went wrong. can you explain that in details.. thanks

If the transparency is set to 0, when you paint (using paint bucket, correct) it, you're not painting it white, you're painting it with transparency, and so it should look like this:screenshot.png[EDIT] I realised the attachment didn't work... :)

Edited by Jonas

The GIMP:A ) has transparency compatibilityB ) Can open PSD'sC ) Can make animated gifsD ) Has more fansites/tutorial sites than photoshop(:))E ) Has a cool logo! (my avatar)I think the GIMP is what you want. If you need help with it, go to http://gimptalk.com. It's a great gimp help community.

i know they have a special logo designer (i have a faint memory of that, maybe he was from japan), but i dont want a logo exactly like gmail, rather some glitter or the sort of colurs they use, which isn't plain (looks dull), so maybe some amount of glittering can be added through photoshop, paint.net or gimp. :)

I think this thread is going off subject... Isn't this supposed to be about showing off your site? Not how to create logos...

If by 'smooth' you mean you wish to not have the pixeled white boarder (Meaning that when you put your transparent logo on another colored or darker background, you get white fragments around the colored letters), then one of the ways to fix that is to create the logo on different shades of background (most people use shades of gray, but you can create it on a black background or the color of your background. If you have a multicolored background, then perhaps the dominant color in the patter/design). As for changing the look of the color of the text, you can use a program to change gradients or fills of the image. I'm not really big on that myself, I simply use MSWord as its simple enough (I do simple things the hard way), but any of those programs you have should allow you to change fills/gradients and the like :).

same for me, i use ms word to do all sorts of work usually reqd. to be done through pagemaker or corel draw. ok coming back to the topic. i dont have any need for background color, it's simple white,but there are roughness on the sides of the logo. this is what i need to look at first. second, i wanted to add some sort of colour that is blue, but not simple blue, somewhat dithered and having a rough colour surface just like gmails' logo. i know it's designed by a pro. but there might be some way to get the surface colour rough yet glittering with borders (sides) being smooth. thanks