Audio Ads

Guest bluewater

Guest bluewater

I was surprised by a banner ad on top of one of the w3cschools references. It was one of those talking characters where you type text and it speaks. I'm not a zealot that hates adds or anything, but when that thing automatically starts talking(loudly) at you, its pretty annoying.Of all places to find an ad like this, really guys... it's kinda shamefull.

Why is that? The company pays for advertising space, my guess is that they paid extra to have an audio ad.These ads are what keeps w3chools free. There is nothing shameful about trying to keep this amazing resource available for free.If you hate ads that much just use FireFox and get AdBlock or disable Flash.

In my experience the sound is triggered only when you hover your mouse over it. On the other hand, I've done that more than one time on accident. :)

Why is that? The company pays for advertising space, my guess is that they paid extra to have an audio ad.These ads are what keeps w3chools free. There is nothing shameful about trying to keep this amazing resource available for free.If you hate ads that much just use FireFox and get AdBlock or disable Flash.

I don't know what'll do without my Adblock :scared: O_OAll those ads flashing, talking, moving, and poping up... I think I would of quit the internetz.

The one I like a lot is disabling sound in webpages, but I don't think it works for Flash audio (but disabling Flash helps with that somewhat). Disabling sound makes browsing myspace much less nauseating, if I have to go there at all.