showing online members

Guest mbtemiz

Guest mbtemiz

in forum pages, at the end of the page you can see online users. but i couldn't understand how did they do it. i 've looked up some codes releated to this problem but i didn't understand. they were very complicated. can smbdy help me??

in forum pages, at the end of the page you can see online users. but i couldn't understand how did they do it. i 've looked up some codes releated to this problem but i didn't understand. they were very complicated. can smbdy help me??

I'm guessing that when you create an account for the forum there is a "logged-in" field stored in the database, when you log in it becomes true, when you log out it becomes false.Then when you view the page the code checks for everyone whose status is true and prints their name to the page.

You can also keep a date stamp of when the last page view for a user is, and when you display who is online you get users who viewed a page in the last 5 or 10 or 15 minutes or whatever you want. The problem with having a "logged in" field is that people don't always log out, they just close the window.