Any know where a script for a scoreboard is?

htmlnovice

I'm new to Web design and wondered if anyone can tell me where to find a point-standing type JS. I want to have a 5 row, 4 column table that can be automatically updated by entering the data in the cells and the racers names will be automatically arranged in order by points. Am I dreaming or is there such a script? I guess it doesn't have to be that intense but it would be nice. Please help. Thanks.

in order to 'update' the scorebaord you have to store the data somewhere.

How is possible to just add a table that each racer can update themselves right from the web? I guess it doesn't need to be fancy just something I don't have to keep track of. The Website is just a little informal thing for friends. If I need to explore another option where would I start? Thanks for your time.

How is possible to just add a table that each racer can update themselves right from the web? I guess it doesn't need to be fancy just something I don't have to keep track of. The Website is just a little informal thing for friends. If I need to explore another option where would I start? Thanks for your time.

Unless you let them login to the site and update the html then your going to need a database and manipulate it through a server language.

I think he means hes trying to create like a racing game with javascript, like a flash ame. It doesnt save anything.. but he wants a scoreboard for it. Is there like an orderby function or something?

I think he means hes trying to create like a racing game with javascript, like a flash ame. It doesnt save anything.. but he wants a scoreboard for it. Is there like an orderby function or something?

I just want a simple table that either myself or someone from the race teams can input their points after each week of racing. If I can find a simple JS that would only take a minute to update each week that would be great. However, if I have to know databases and server-side scripting I'm gonna have to tap out. Way over my head right now. Just a redneck trying to help out other rednecks.

You can make a form and do stuff with it with javascript but unless you update a database or text files then the data you enter won't go anywhere and will be losat when you close the browser.You cannot save the data without some server side code.

Okay. Thanks for the help.

I just thought a little harder about what you said. Can I save the data as a text file or something within my files for the web pages and have the JS refer to the text file? Or can I just go in and update the required info in the JS every week? If that's the case I can handle that. As long as I don't have to spend a week updating the info. 5 mins. max effort would be great. Any suggestions? Thanks.

you could only update files on your own PC with javascript. JavaScript is Clientside, menaing it can only affect things on your computer.You would probably have to change your file permissions to give javascript access but it is probably possible.

here is a snippet of how to create a file in IE

var fso = new ActiveXObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject");var myfile = fso.CreateTextFile("c:\\myfile.txt", true);myfile.WriteLine("Some test.");myfile.Close();

you could only update files on your own PC with javascript. JavaScript is Clientside, menaing it can only affect things on your computer.You would probably have to change your file permissions to give javascript access but it is probably possible.

I'm tappin' out for good on this one. They don't need a point standing on the site that bad. Thanks again for the help.