Save Data From A PHP Form?

calvin182

Here's the scenario:On my site a few of us have our own personal blog style pages. We have WYSIWYG online HTML editing and thats how we update our pages. I'm about to redesign the entire site, and instead of blogs we just want a simple profile. All of my pages have a .PHP extension and some elements of the page are SSI. What I am looking to do is create a web form where all they have to do is input what data they want displayed on their page and press save. What is the best way to go about this?My server does not support ASP, please help...

you should first see if your host provider has a database. usually Host providers offer mysql database.Then you need learn how to use MySQL.go to the main page and laern the tutorials there. then you will need to learn how to properly code PHP. go to php.net for the correct way of learning. read all the documentation.then on your website load up phpmyadmin, so you can administer the mysqldatabase much easier.once you have all this. you should be able to save your data (web log) to the mysql database, Via your "form" and then you can display all your rants and raves to the world.really if you want to make your web log much more efficient, lose the WYSIWYG, learn to code by hand. you will get better results that way. Plus learn to create tables without tables. Learn CSS!!!

• 2 weeks later...

well I can do all the HTML / CSS stuff but the site has multiple authors and they aren't too keen on the coding... yea my server has MySQL but there isnt a way to just write to html files and then include them in my blog templates?

• 3 weeks later...

For this to be dynamic you will have to do some coding. I would highly reccommend using mysql. If you don't want to learn the coding, I could write a basic PHP load file for you (just supply the form that you have, and I'll make the implementation; for FREE). You'll have to set up the DB (or let me log on to your server), but setting up a database isn't to hard if your host has supplied a DB manager (who's your host?). You could save things in files on your server,but most hosts don't allow this and this would still require code. You will need code to save data that can be loaded onto a page.axelWebmasterMy Webpage

well I can do all the HTML / CSS stuff but the site has multiple authors and they aren't too keen on the coding... yea my server has MySQL but there isnt a way to just write to html files and then include them in my blog templates?