How did W3schools help YOU?

Sniffy

I must admit I found w3schools after I was done college and had my training in most of what i know although it has helped my some in PHP, but I mostly google ofr a solution and look at many methods or goto php.net.I love it because it gives me a place to direct people how want ot know the basics without having ot explain it to them. It is a great tool for beginners and intermediate developers.

Must admit W3Schools was the way I got to real coding...I had been viewing page sources to learn HTML, but my syntax was far from correct, for example, I used <body> in <head> because I thought it was used to define the background color! :) Here I learned CSS, JavaScript, VBScript, PHP and SQL. I would never have been developing my skills in WWW without this site :)I use W3Schools for references for client scripting and PHP. PHP.net I use when I want info on things not on W3S yet or if I need another description when I am like :blink: .EDIT: OOH, almost forgot XML and especially XML:SVG. Really great tutorial. I am just hoping all major browsers would support SVG (OK, Opera supports it by default) by default. Then I could use SVG freely. :)

• 1 month later...

w3schools helps me with learning more than what is teached in French Institutes of Technologies, and even before then, it helped me with learning html/css, and I'm still learning more stuff. The try-it yourself helps a lot because you can instantly try and see if it is what you're lookng for and the forum people are very helpfull too.To me w3schools is the best website for when you want to learn an Internet language.

My college instructor didn't teach us javascript.He just sent us to w3schools, told us to do the tuts and check out the examples.Then he would test us on it. What a lazy teacher . . .I really like the try-it-yourself editor and the code validator. I really hate that validator, but its really makes you think of better ways to do something. It has taught me probably more than I realize.

man I had a couple of those teachers in college.Our design teacher photocopied lessons from his Photoshop book and gave us a month to do some lessons that everyone was done in a week.We only had 3 small assignments (make a logo...wow that's hard) and one test.Some how we manage to squeeze all that in a semester....hahaha...I am not complaining. It was easy and I got an A

I had a pretty cool graphics course in college. When our teacher was going over Photoshop, our assignments consisted of him giving us several source images and a target image, and we had to make the target image with the source image. He used all kinds of filters and tools, so it was a little difficult to reproduce some of the things he did. But it was fun. The grade was for how close you got to his original image.

I had a pretty cool graphics course in college. When our teacher was going over Photoshop, our assignments consisted of him giving us several source images and a target image, and we had to make the target image with the source image. He used all kinds of filters and tools, so it was a little difficult to reproduce some of the things he did. But it was fun. The grade was for how close you got to his original image.
I had a similar assignment in a digital art class I took.OriginalMy version