Computer Programing Tutorial

herb202

Should W3Schools add a tutorial for computer programing and not just web programing?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Should W3Schools add a tutorial for computer programing and not just web programing?

• Deffinettly!!!
    • Yes.
    • Maybe.
    • No.
    • NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS!!!
    • Huh?

Should W3Schools stay just a site for web developers, or should they make computer developer tutorials too? :) You decide! :)CAUTION: ON TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 15, 2005, I WILL STOP ACCEPTING VOTES AND POST THE RESULTS INTO THE SUGGESTIONS FOLDER ON THE FORUM. :(blue_2.gif - Get Firefox!

It depends, really. What language? C? C++? No way. Those are a little in-depth and complex to me. But Python? Sure! Why not? BASIC? My vote is no. I've started with Python and so far I love it. I did my homework, and I read in a lot of places that BASIC teaches terrible programming habits. Python, however, teaches incredible habits. If you learn BASIC and you learn shortcuts and what not that get things done easily and messily and all that, and then you try to move up to a more powerful language, you'd have to learn all over again. That being said, I voted "definitely". :)

Nope, no reason to add programing languages unless they can somehow help with web design. If people want tutorials for programming there are plenty of sites out there. This is w3 schools, meaning World Wide Web. Now with that said, they could add some stuff that might be of use for web site designers, such as how to create Java applets, or CGI scripts (although I know that PHP and ASP are much better than CGI, but for completeness, they could add it).Now one thing I would like to see, is more information on how to do photo manipulations for web sites. Such as how to use Photoshop, GIMP, or one of the many other worthy software packages.

F-Man has a point...I really didn't think about that before. :) Even so, would it be so bad for these guys to create another site for "real" programming languages? IMO, the tutorials offered at W3Schools are some of the best and clearly explained out there. If these guys would write some "real" programming tutorials, it would clear up a lot of confusion and a lot of the crap one runs into when googling programming tutorials. I think that it would still be nice.Sure, you could buy a $50 book...but even then it's pretty hard to find a good book.$0.02

F-Man has a point...I really didn't think about that before.   :) Even so, would it be so bad for these guys to create another site for "real" programming languages?  IMO, the tutorials offered at W3Schools are some of the best and clearly explained out there.  If these guys would write some "real" programming tutorials, it would clear up a lot of confusion and a lot of the crap one runs into when googling programming tutorials.  I think that it would still be nice.Sure, you could buy a $50 book...but even then it's pretty hard to find a good book.$0.02

I completely agree. I was wrong. They really should make a different site. But, honestly, just like F-Man said, the name is W3Schools.blue_2.gif - Get Firefox!

It is better to specialize on one major concept instaid on several resembling onces IMO.But if you insist on having it, atleast make the layout of the tutorials differint e.g background colors red etc, another domain would be the best.