Moderators

Chocolate570

Should we have moderators on the forums?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have moderators on the forums?

• Yes
    • Yes
    • No
    • (Another Yes)

I think we should email them, they probably check their email often.

Okay, I e-mailed the moderators. Here is the e-mail I sent for everyone to see:---------------------Kaijim,I first want to say you have created a great website with a lot of useful information and the message boards are very popular. As time passes they have become more popular and are therefore creating a lot more need for additional moderators. We understand that you do not have time to go over the boards everyday, so we suggest that a few people be given moderator privelages to pin topics such as Favorite HTML Editors, to delete duplicate topics such as one of the latest post in SQL (the member posted exact same question twice), and to edit/delete threads that should not be tolerated, such as the "How do you hack?" type threads.Please take a look at the thread to see everyone's opinion on the matter and please consider this requests.Here is the thread:http://w3schools.invisionzone.com/index.ph...wtopic=648&st=0Thank you,KCarson

I voted yes. Count at 13.I don't see much of the admins where do they hang out?

Hello people :)I am sorry i have been unavaliable lately.. i managed to trip, fall and break my back a little bit.. i am fine, just out of commision a few days :)But i think i will be on work monday. and i will look into this, and try to find some suited moderators.Sorry to keep you waiting

Hello people :)I am sorry i have been unavaliable lately.. i managed to trip, fall and break my back a little bit.. i am fine, just out of commision a few days :)But i think i will be on work monday. and i will look into this, and try to find some suited moderators.Sorry to keep you waiting

Winter's kicking in in Stavanger as well I suppose? I've had near-accidents myself this last week...Hope your back gets better.

Just thought I'd also say it here, the PM I sent to kaijim:

Now that you're to set up mods, I thought I'd propose a few ideas, whether I'm chosen or not:It would be nice to have a mod forum hidden from the other members with a password, so that the moderators can discuss action should it be necessary. Also, you could set up some pinned topics there describing in short the uses of the various mod features on the Mod Control Panel.Also, instead of deleting topics such as "How do you hack?", it would be nice to set up a forum called something along the lines of "Trash", with moderator and admin accessibility. Instead of deleting messages, it's a good idea to keep the posts hidden away from the members, but still accessible, so that if it should come to a ban, one can bring forth the reasons and evidence of the ban. Building up to a ban, it's also good to have all the posts to evaluate the posters' history, so banning is only the last option should it prove necessary.Thank you. :)
So, whoever's chosen, shouldn't go crazy and purge the forums before he does, or doesn't, set up something like that...

Seems like most users wants mods, i voted yes if you wonder :)But i'm new to the forum so cant tell if there is a immediate problem though.Think that this poll is getting old, time to close maybe?