how do you make your logo unable to download

Louisnel

I want to know if anybody can tell me how to make your main logo of your website un-downloadable?? I used frontpage 2003 to make my website..I will be glad if anyone can tell me what to do or provide me with the javascript code or the code in that i can use in my function..I want to make my logo so that you can't download it thru IE6’s picture rollover or by right clicking..Please me i'm desperate helpLouis South Africa

Then again, even with flash, I suppose you still can take a screenshot, cut out the piece you want, and save image. Right? I don't think there is any safe way to post an image that's protected...

I want to know if anybody can tell me how to make your main logo of your website un-downloadable?? I used frontpage 2003 to make my website..I will be glad if anyone can tell me what to do or provide me with the javascript code or the code in that i can use in my function..I want to make my logo so that you can't download it thru IE6’s picture rollover or by right clicking..Please me i'm desperate helpLouis South Africa

Personally, its a lost cause. Give me any website and I can get an image off of it - I don't care what script you put on the page - if I can see it I can grab it. Enforcing your copyright is the only protection you have. :)But, if you insist:
<script><!-- Beginfunction right(e) {var msg = "****** your message ******";if (navigator.appName == 'Netscape' && e.which == 3) {alert(msg);return false;}if (navigator.appName == 'Microsoft Internet Explorer' && event.button==2) {alert(msg);return false;}else return true;}function trap()   {  if(document.images)    {    for(i=0;i<document.images.length;i++)      {      document.images[i].onmousedown = right;      document.images[i].onmouseup = right;      }    }  }// End --></script><body onload="trap()")>

P.S. Not updated for firefox and can still be by-passed pretty easily (great for IE)

Ooo...i know...can you capture the 'print screen' key? That way, if anyone presses it, the image auto-dissapears and an alert comes up saying "YOU STEALER! I HATE YOU! LOOK AT THE COPYRIGHT!" or something to that meaning. :)

But for the print screen button, you should know the unicode (or what was it called? :) ) number. Can be found easily though, no problem.But in the case of screen capturing, there would always be the problem of custom programs, able to copy screen content. There are such, I know. So think about that too :DIn other words, no can do :( Having your images copysave would be big deal, which we cannot explain, for as we only program Internet scripts, no Microsoft privacy development :)

"YOU STEALER! I HATE YOU! LOOK AT THE COPYRIGHT!"
Yeah, okay, let's not go overboard... :)Note to self: Chocolate570 doesn't react well to copyright infringement. Yet he "stole" my signature. Oh, the irony! :)

Hey, at least I asked, ok? Even if you didn't agree, i asked. :)Ok, back on-topic.Is there a way to capture the even of pressign the print-screen button?Loopholes- peopel can use graphics software that can take screenshots. Ctrl+PrintSCreen takes a pic of the current window, so you'd have to check for that too. :)

I just have to reiterate my point - if I can see it I can capture it - plain and simple.Even if you found a way to lock down my PC, I could still send my monitor image to another device that can capture the image.Don't waste your time on this - if someone wants your logo they will get it.

Personally, its a lost cause.  Give me any website and I can get an image off of it - I don't care what script you put on the page - if I can see it I can grab it.  Enforcing your copyright is the only protection you have. :)But, if you insist:
<script><!-- Beginfunction right(e) {var msg = "****** your message ******";if (navigator.appName == 'Netscape' && e.which == 3) {alert(msg);return false;}if (navigator.appName == 'Microsoft Internet Explorer' && event.button==2) {alert(msg);return false;}else return true;}function trap()   {  if(document.images)    {    for(i=0;i<document.images.length;i++)      {      document.images[i].onmousedown = right;      document.images[i].onmouseup = right;      }    }  }// End --></script><body onload="trap()")>

P.S. Not updated for firefox and can still be by-passed pretty easily (great for IE)

i just want the rollover og windows exlorer go away,you know that little bar with the stiffie,printer etc..is this the javascript code to do it???thanks

i no what you mean... when a user goes to right click save as the picture., when the mouse is rolled over the image, the image disappears... u can do a mouseover thing lol.. make a picutre the same size as the picture u wish to protect and make it so that when the mouse is rolled over the picture, the image turns to the background colour... i seen this somewhere.

That still doesn't stop someone from going to your code and picking out your picture url from there...

repeat after me . . . I you can see it, you can steal it!:)any work you do to "protect" and image may slow the individual down, but most often increases their resolve to steal it. (not that I would know):(We started talking about logos and shifted to pictures. So lets get a couple things straight here:a.) if you don't want anything to be copied/stolen from your website, then get used to the fact that you can't stop itb.) instead, get to know your rights - learn how to get a copyright and police itNow, instead of working on a way to "protect" and image from being stolen, work on a way to let the perpitrator know that you have a copyright, that you police your copyright, and that you have tools in place to track suspicious activities that could be related to infringing your copyright. :)

any work done to "protect" images or documents or anything on the internet just uses up bandwidththere is no way to get round it except make things complicated... encode yopur script.. (can be decoded tho) use lkayers (can still get pictures)... anything u do... theres a way round it!!

Is there a possible way to monitor the IP address of someone who not only mouseovers the image, but copies it?? That way in this persons case if he has the necessary copyrights he could potentially take action against the stealer.

Is there a possible way to monitor the IP address of someone who not only mouseovers the image, but copies it?? That way in this persons case if he has the necessary copyrights he could potentially take action against the stealer.

Yes, you can. Most server side scripting languages allow you to capture that information. So you'd just have to database it. Irregardless, the IP address won't do much. If I am doing this from the local library, how are you going to single me out. If I access it from work, all 1,000 plus employees access the interest through the same global IP address.Its a waste of time . . .

Ok, we're going off-topic now. I'm locking this for spam, it'll remain here as an archive though. If you need further help, please post a new topic or pm me to unlock.