Browser Discussion

Jonas

That is funny since Netscape 8 is based on FireFox 0.9

Yeah, but that doesn't mean Netscape 8 is good. If there's one thing I've learned from Netscape, it's that a group of programmers can take a perfectly good piece of code and completely ruin it, while thinking they are making improvements. Even in the early days of Netscape, Marc Andreessen was stealing other people's code and making it ###### (Mosaic, at the time).I can't say ######? Why can't I say ######? That's not a bad word. It's what vacuum cleaners and Netscape have in common. Can I say vacuum cleaner?

Yeah, but that doesn't mean Netscape 8 is good.  If there's one thing I've learned from Netscape, it's that a group of programmers can take a perfectly good piece of code and completely ruin it, while thinking they are making improvements.  Even in the early days of Netscape, Marc Andreessen was stealing other people's code and making it ###### (Mosaic, at the time).I can't say ######?  Why can't I say ######?  That's not a bad word.  It's what vacuum cleaners and Netscape have in common.  Can I say vacuum cleaner?

Must be a pre-loaded filter???That is true.

The inside is full of cr@p  :)  :)  :blink:

I think we both know that they both just $uck :) .

I find it funny though, that anyone can say "sucks" but at the same time NOT "######"...Quote me on this, and you'll see...

I find it funny though, that anyone can say "sucks" but at the same time NOT "######"...Quote me on this, and you'll see...

You mean that moderators can say ######, but not users?!?! That would be so unfair!

You mean that moderators can say ######, but not users?!?! That would be so unfair!

On the other hand I suppose you could say we're trusted to be moderators, so why shouldn't we be trusted not to mis-use swearwords?

Quotation marks won't change anything.But we digress. Let's not forget this is a browser discussion. I believe we've establised Netscape, or the code behind it, sucks.

*swerves back on trackOk IE 7I was thinking about downloading and trying it out so my question is, what happens to IE6? Can i run both at the same time or will this screw everthing up?

oh nevermind I was thinking that sucks was the one not allowed...hehe *hides in shame*  :)

No, in that case I would have said: The coders behind Netscape ######. Plural, see? :)Only pronouns in 3rd person singular may ###### on this forum. Words in other forms are not allowed to ######.He, She, or It sucks.And that concludes today's English Grammar 101 lesson (by a Norwegian). :)Next on the agenda, browser discussion.

I was thinking about downloading and trying [iE7] out so my question is, what happens to IE6?  Can i run both at the same time or will this screw everthing up?

IE7 will replace IE6, and you cannot uninstall. Isn't that nice?
will this screw everthing up?
Scott, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya punk?note: take care if you do a Google search for "dirty harry" Edited by Jonas

IE7 will replace IE6, and you cannot uninstall.  Isn't that nice?Scott, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya punk?note: take care if you do a Google search for "dirty harry"

So once i instal IE7 i can never go back to IE6? aaarrrggg!!! :) I had read somewhere that it was possible to have both but i wasn't so sure :) Why can't i have both, i want both, this is no good :blink: Dirty harry :) lol, was it not Dirty Harry....*searches for "dirty harry" out of curiosity .... icon8.gif Barf, not recommendedEDIT: Yeah, I tried that too. We don't want people searching for that. Kids here, after all. Edited by Jonas

Yeah, I tried that too. We don't want people searching for that. Kids here, after all

:) im not a kidim just not an adult :)

I didn't say you necessarily were. But there are kids here. And if you're 14, you're a minor anyhow.

I didn't say you necessarily were. But there are kids here. And if you're 14, you're a minor anyhow.

A minor pain in the rear that is!

Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, soon you'll look back in longing.