Is there a funciton to parse strings?

Kerudo

What exactly do you want to do with the string? Almost everything you can think about to do with them, can be done in PHP :)Is sprintf() what you want? It formats any string to another string according to a pattern.Or do you mean changing the data type by settype()?

im not sure if i understood you. something like this:
<?php$str = "hello world";$int_from_str = (int) $str;?>

Oh I didn't realize you can cast in PHP lol. Anyway what I mean is to convert a str to a literal integer. So for example:$str = "123";$num = somefunction($str); //parse the string literal into an integer.$num = 123
What exactly do you want to do with the string? Almost everything you can think about to do with them, can be done in PHP :)Is sprintf() what you want? It formats any string to another string according to a pattern.Or do you mean changing the data type by settype()?

I'm not sure what this fuction does, I read the examples but did't really understand it heh.

I suppose settype() is what you're looking for.You want to change a "string" into an "integer". That would be:(Nothing more nothing less :))

Sweet! Thanks Dan!I also found some code that someone wrote on the php.net website under the settype function. It converts strings to integers, but I'll use this 'official' function heh.