Value should increase by 1..

denny911

Hi,If you want, go to my testing site at hhtp://d.1asphost.com/krajinaonline/ and take a look so it'll be easier to understand what i want.I want to add the code that will increase value by "1" every time user opens a page."This article is commented: xx times" (i already have this one and it's working)"This article is viewed: xx times" (on my page, here i put the same code as above but i've added (+8) just to make it seem different from above - it does NOT what it is supposed to)so, after the first user reads an article, there should be "1 times", and after another user reads that article, there should be "2 times" and so on..i suppose the value should be stored in my database, but how? And what code should i use?thanks!

Hi,If you want, go to my testing site at hhtp://d.1asphost.com/krajinaonline/ and take a look so it'll be easier to understand what i want.I want to add the code that will increase value by "1" every time user opens a page."This article is commented: xx times" (i already have this one and it's working)"This article is viewed: xx times" (on my page, here i put the same code as above but i've added (+8) just to make it seem different from above - it does NOT what it is supposed to)so, after the first user reads an article, there should be "1 times", and after another user reads that article, there should be "2 times" and so on..i suppose the value should be stored in my database, but how? And what code should i use?thanks!

You want a counter to check how many people read the article?Just make in your database another colum "Counter" and do that everytime someone enters the page it will add the same article Counter colum 1

You want a counter to check how many people read the article?Just make in your database another colum "Counter" and do that everytime someone enters the page it will add the same article Counter colum 1

ok, but how am i supposed to do that? should i open a database connection and thenSELECT * FROM counter..can you continue? thanks for your response if there's gonna be any..Denis

use 2 cols: Hits and x, hits has auto-incresementeverytime someone sees the page, it will add something to the table. and then you just use the query Select count(x) fraom yourtableand it will give the number. OR if you need more than one counter (meaning 2 different articles) you can put different numbers into x. so for example article 1 will add 1 to the table, and article 2 will add 2 to the table. then you can count them the same way, just add "WHERE x = 1" or "WHERE x = 2"