my new website www.2playgames.co.uk

mdobson1

hi there my new website is www.2playgames.co.uk. i have been doing the website for about 3 months and was wondering is anyone had any good ideas for the website. i wanna keep it a games website only so i dont want videos or music on it. i want ideas that can get more people or keep people on the website longer. thank you

heres a few suggestions1) lose the pop-up advertising 2) redesign logo3) lose the frames and links that open new windows4) its very plain some clean nice graphics could make it cool5) instead of a guestbook get a forum, there will be more interaction (reason to stay on the site & people prefer them)6) the font and link colours are not consitent across the site7) change code so the site validateshope this helps

it looks very amateurish..both the design, colours and the logo. Looks like you made the whole site in less than an hour...the suggestions/tips that ste said above i'd agree on..although a forum maybe a step too far, depends on how busy his site is, if its not busy, then the forum wont be busy, and people wont join. People like busy forums not dead ones, although all forums were dead at some point..(its that viscious circle kinda thing).Putting links to other sites on your front page is telling people - "hmm..my sites a bit crap, i think these ones are better" therefore people leaving your site and never coming back.your frames serve no purpose other then to make the site look ugly. Theres no consistency when opening new pages, and links to pages within your own site should always open in the same page.

I agree with real_illusions I mean you already have the content with those games so what you need now is to just to package it nicely.think about the way your site is branded, what perceptions will people have when they visit it. this makes a huge differencewhat our current logo says to me:logo1111ob3.jpgdifficult to readunbalancedunprofessionalim not trying to offend here, im just giving an honest appraisel of what visitors will think when they visit your site.heres a simple example of another way to make a logo2playhn6.gifwhat this says, clean, fresh and professionalI think your site has good potential. a good domain name etc. you just really need to present it betterhope this helps, good luck :)

hi there my new website is www.2playgames.co.uk. i have been doing the website for about 3 months and was wondering is anyone had any good ideas for the website. i wanna keep it a games website only so i dont want videos or music on it. i want ideas that can get more people or keep people on the website longer. thank you
Hi, As the others have said it looks very amateurish. My advice would be to start over again.Dump the frames, format with CSS or even tables/spacer.gif. Small menu to the left to select game type and buy money.Images to link to games next to each other (no one likes to scroll) At the most open new windows for the games and get rid of the pop-ups. Some kind of rollover to describe the games?It would be an idea to do the whole site using Flash IMO.