Download tutorials

Guest mb15228

Guest mb15228

Would love to see some these tutorials available to be downloaded. Oftentimes I don't have access to the net or would like to be able to save information for future reference. I know I can cut and paste but that is time consuming. Any plans to offer this service? I would even consider subscribing for this capability.

The question is if everyone would be able/willing to subscribe. The way things are today, w3schools.com is dependant on site hits for advertisement income to keep the tutorials free. If people could download the tutorials, they would stop visiting w3schools.com, and pretty soon the results of less hits would result in companies not seeing the value of buying adverisement space on w3schools.com. When the costs vs gain would no longer add up, the site would have to close, and we'd all have to find another free, less good, website for tutorials, or pay even. This is a wonderful opportunity for us to learn webprogramming and webstandards for free, so please continue visiting w3schools.com.

:) I must admit... i've been using this site for years now, either as a guest or the various user names i've had. Yet, i've always had to do it from school becasue i'm on dial-up at home and it's unbearably slow. I would love to be able to download a series of tutorials from the site at school and put them on at home. I would also be willing to pay, becasue of the quality of the reply. Surely this would balance the cost of the advertisment that you lose?On the other hand... the tutorials must be continually updated so, why not have the downloads at home and then attract users back to the site in order to update their downloads. I mean, you can't lose the customers completely.Another possible plan would be to put it all on CD and sell it directly to the users. You could even sell them on eBay lol :) How about a book even (the possibilities are endless lol)Of course, while money is a BIG factor in running a buissness (der), surely many happy and satisfied customers who go around talking about you should also be something that you should imagine.powkeman (12.24)powekman@gmail.com

Well thats 2 members out of about 2300 willing to pay...I think if you stop and think the majority of users would not be willing to pay...either they have high speed internet or they just don't want ot pay for a service that can be found for free elsewhere.It is a good idea but not a practical one for w3schools.com

• 2 months later...

Well thats alright I suppose, has there been a poll on this forum in order to get an idea of the scale of support? It may be that not many ppl would pay to download it, yet thats only 2 out of how many users that would not be viewing your adds lol (as often). So surely that would not have an overall effect, each way it cancels out lol. EG. they would not use a different site if they did not have acess to the dloads, because they would be used to the style etc. Either way, a continually changing site with new tutorials being added regularly would be able to attract ppl for the updates, and it may become a habit.Either way, I can understand the reluctance to change but it may pay off in the long run. THink of all those happy customers :) just think.I rest my case.

Not to stop traffic but webpages are made out of html and anyone can take a copy. If you need a page you can view the source and save it... but link will not work and if it's dynamic it will not change, you will only see the html output.or if you want to pay, buy DSL... or see if there is a wireless router neer you without secriety and borrow some DSL. (I have 6 wireless router neer me that all have 30% or better, and I'm the only one with secriety) (mine, a college, 3 neighbors, and something else don't know what it is but it's out there)

I would really like to download the tutorials!BUT i can totally understand the troubles facing the Staff at w3schools if this happened!BUT i did come across this site on my travels along the webwww.learnflash.com contain tutorials for flashThere are some free tutorials but most are in boxsets which you can buy boxed or downloaded!!Maybe that kinda scheme would work?!?Ed

oooo im quite embarresed now...I didnt know that w3schools tutorials were powered by learnflash.com :) Sorry guys but the post above is now dumb :)

oooo im quite embarresed now...I didnt know that w3schools tutorials were powered by learnflash.com :) Sorry guys but the post above is now dumb :)

w3schools tutorials aren't powered by learnflash.com (not last itme I checked).Powered By is another term people don't seem to understand. When a website says 'powered by' it is refering to any server side software it is running on (ie CMS software). This forum is powered by IPB 2.x (Invision Power Board software).The tutorials will not be, probably never, available in a downloadable format. It would mean the end for w3schools and a one time payment from a few members will not keep the site going.

The flash tutorials are "powered" by Fthem arent they :) I have no idea what im talking about any more :)

The abillity to download tutorials would be nice for students,But since W3schools relies on the visits of their visitors, they will never publish their tutorials on download format.It is fully explained at the site itself, at the About section. This topic "might" be closed i think :)