Is This A Joke?

Guest FirefoxRocks

Why you should use IE6Here are just some of the reasons why you should use IE6 as your main (and only) browser: * Proven technology. It’s been around since 2001. * NO bugs. * No unnecessary features that use up valuable screen space, such as tabs. * Handles GIF transparency. * First with AJAX technology (XMLHttpRequest, available since IE5). * Renders all pages as they are supposed to look by the only standard that really matters. * Consistent rendering of pages makes it the web designer’s best friend. * The most aesthetically pleasing web browser logo. * Highly secure (has received lots of security updates). * Clear interface. * Used by 97.34% of all internet users according to a onestat survey released July 28, 2003.
hahahahaha, oh man. This is gold.

But the download link doesn't work. Apparently my answers to their questions don't meet the conditions to download IE6, even when I told them I don't work for a newspaper in Norway and that I'm using Windows ME.But just look at it compared to other browsers:http://www.saveie6.com/compare.phpWho doesn't want a browser that clearly has all those features more than the other browsers? "Compatible with IT departments that fear changes"SaveIE6-Helpussavethebestbrowserarou.png

http://www.saveie6.com/Over 1200 people want to "save IE6". Come on...Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, they have/are dropping support for IE6. And yet people still want to use it?
so i guess to answer your question...yes.

Guest FirefoxRocks
If you're wondering whether that's a joke then you didn't spend the 2 minutes to read the page that I did. Should I start quoting?
I read the page and it tells you stuff about IE6, has a petition thing, a link to Twitter about this save IE6 thing and it's operated by Pingdom. There's also some stuff that says "Tip a Friend" and user comments.

Did you miss the yellow banner on the home page:

SaveIE6.com was put together as an April Fool’s joke by the uptime monitoring service Pingdom. Due to the tremendous interest it has received we have decided to keep this site up and running. Thanks everyone for the great feedback and for enjoying the irony!

Archived