Psd To Wordpress Theme Creation

Joner

HiI am new the forum and also new to any sort of coding.I would just like some advice on where I should start with learning how to build websites, as there are so many training modules on w3schools. What I am firstly trying to achieve is knowledge of how to create a wordpress theme from a PSD file.My wife is a graphic designer and can design websites in Photoshop, but doesn't know how to build them.I know how to set up Wordpress themes and do SEO on them, so I want to marry the two skills together.Can anyone please point me in the right direction of which training modules I should do to start learning the basics of this? Kind RegardsIan

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Ian, I've used Joomla! and Wordpress. Both are very good approaches towards laying down quick and easy sites. A CMS is a good way to go for a site design but I did not choose that for mine. The reasons are irrelevant. First, a couple of questions for you or your wife. Do you only have Photoshop or do you also have Dreamweaver? If you have any of the design creative suites, you’ll be off to a good start. Photoshop is great, but I think I’m going to push Adobe InDesign here. Do you have that? It’s part of the creative suite also. Also, there are some great tutorials online sometimes and I usually find them from Youtube Learn CSS. Learn it like a mad man.When you’re done, cross check your learning with the CSS information on W3schools. Good? Awesome. Now read up on PHP and you’re really getting somewhere. This is assuming you have a good grip on HTML and JavaScript.All of these languages come into play when editing a CMS folder and files. If you’re using a Web provider service like Bluehost or Godaddy then you can have the CMS installed effortlessly. However, you will have a hard time really “getting to know” those folders and files. Back to Dreamweaver: Dreamweaver (in its latest version [CS5]) supports content management systems. Horray!! However, I don’t have much experience with it. You can learn more about that here: http://tv.adobe.comI’d also add that tv.adobe.com is a great resource for learning, bookmark it. Good luck and I hope your site becomes awesome!-Grahamalluringmedia.net

Archived