background image properties

yoshida

Hey guys.CSS's versatility never ceases to amaze me. Yesterday I added a 'dropshadow' to a div by making it a nested div. Funny ###### like that. But one problem keeps bugging me. Is it possible to attach a background to the body, which is always 100% of the screen, fixed, and never repeated? In other words: can I get an image to stretch to the background size? I found two or three other threads on the internet, claiming such is impossible, but IMO that would just be silly.Anyway, please drop me a note. A working solution would be hugely appreciated.

Superb, so you simply create a new .div with an absolute position which is screen-filling.TYVM! I'm gonna fiddle around with that right away!EDIT: it works, kind of... and 'kind of' doesn't cut it for what I try to do. I manipulated the script to serve my needs, and everything works perfectly in Firefox. But when I open it in Internet Explorer the div called content 'won't scroll' using the mousewheel.Anywayz, looks like I ain't gonna use a background after all, especially now I have to re-write my css around one useless gimmick. It was an educational opportunity but not worth the effort. Thanks for helping out tho.