color of text

aura

hello all i am really glad i have joined this forum and i have been looking over the tutorials for CSS for a while now. what i know about CSS is from being thrown in the deep end and creating a forum for a chat room i am part of *S* i have a SMF for free forum. i have loved learning and have got more brave and started to fiddle to try and create our own stylesheets for the forum, my question im sure has a very simple answer. There is the symbols that show which one is new posts and which one is old posts, the font that says this i cant seem to change the colour of, i have looked and looked, does anyone have any hints for me? where to locate this on a CSS for a SMF for free forum? i am able to change text color i just dont seem to be able to find where this is on the style sheet. or am i just totally blonde *grins* thanks and thanks for having me here aura

Google Chrome (a browser in case you don't know) has a built-in "element inspector". With that browser you can right-click on the webpage at exactly the spot you want to target and click on Inspect Element. A box will popup in the bottom with all the code laid out. On the right are the styles (or CSS) and is currently being applied to the HTML element selected. You can actually edit the values around and they will change on the webpage (and I should note that this will not keep the changes you make), you can use this method to track down the style that you need to change on the real CSS.

Archived