index.php in local host?

eduard

How do I get the file index.php now stored in the root folder of my webserver in my local host? What does this error message mean:D:\USBwebserver v8_en\root\website1\index.php isn´t a Win32 application (english?)?

Edited by eduardlid
  • Like 2

If it's in your server's root folder, it means it is already part of your localhost.Just start USBWebserver, and navigate from your web browser. Don't try to start the PHP file directly from Windows Explorer or whatever.

If it's in your server's root folder, it means it is already part of your localhost. Just start USBWebserver, and navigate from your web browser. Don't try to start the PHP file directly from Windows Explorer or whatever.
Ok, thanks!

If it's in your server's root folder, it means it is already part of your localhost. Just start USBWebserver, and navigate from your web browser. Don't try to start the PHP file directly from Windows Explorer or whatever.
Is your suggestion to store all the files concerning my website in the root folder of my (USB)webserver and make back-ups of them e. g. www.dropbox.com?

Guest LH91325

Eduard, who knows what kind of setup you're using? You said USB webserver, right? What is that? Is it some kind of device you purchased that's supposed to be a local webserver for you alone? Is it hardware? Did it come with a manual? Did you read it? I certainly can't do any of those things because I have no idea what you're talking about or what you are using, because you didn't post the details. But anyway, going on the theory that whatever you're using is running some kind of service on your computer, try this to access your local host index page: http://localhost or http://127.0.0.1 <-- just click the link and you'll connect if you have a local HTTP service running. That assumes you have some sort of index HTML or PHP. If not then just add one, like index.html with "<HTML><BODY>TEST</BODY></HTML>" to test it out. Stick it in your USB server folder where your website files are supposed to go. If either of those works then you can add /file_name.php on the end of the URL, and assuming your local host can process PHP then it might work. Or you can (1) RTFM, (2) post a description of your setup (so that somebody can Google it and figure it out), or (3) you can just upload your files to your shared hosting server and run them from there, Grupo something or other, right? That's how I debug my PHP, I just put them on my shared server (which is 3000 miles away).

Judging by the name of the folder, I'd assume it's this web server... right Eduard?And while making backups at places like dropbox is a good idea, that's not what I said.I said "start USBWebserver". Come on, you're not stupid. You know "USBWebserver" is a program, and you know any program is started from an ".exe" file... Do you really want me to phrase things like1. Open Windows Explorer.2. Go do "D:\USBwebserver v8_en" (or wherever your flash drive and the "USBWebserver" program is).3. Click "usbwebserver.exe".4. Press Enter.

Judging by the name of the folder, I'd assume it's this web server... right Eduard? And while making backups at places like dropbox is a good idea, that's not what I said. I said "start USBWebserver". Come on, you're not stupid. You know "USBWebserver" is a program, and you know any program is started from an ".exe" file... Do you really want me to phrase things like1. Open Windows Explorer.2. Go do "D:\USBwebserver v8_en" (or wherever your flash drive and the "USBWebserver" program is).3. Click "usbwebserver.exe".4. Press Enter.
I´m now validating my index.html (without php!). I´ve an editor (PhpStorm) and copy and paste this file to the W3 validator like you said! Great!

Guest LH91325

Now that I've read the info BR posted, here's your index page: http://localhost:8080/ ... My link would have worked if it was serving HTTP on port 80 but it's using port 8080, a common alternate port sometimes used for HTTP. You can access your PHP script this way and view source, then either cut 'n paste that into the validator, or save it to a file and upload the file. Or just put it on your shared hosting site and then point the validator at that URL.

• 2 weeks later...
How do I get the file index.php now stored in the root folder of my webserver in my local host? What does this error message mean:D:\USBwebserver v8_en\root\website1\index.php isn´t a Win32 application (english?)?
Ok, thanks! You have a better memory than I do (I wrote that I´m not a perfect student!)