OT : I want to ask you a question.

Err

Why do people in fast food restaurants don't find the need to wear hairnets as oppose to people in Cafeterias who DO wear them?????I have yet to find a good answer for this question.[edit] in the future these types of posts should have "OT" in the subject. This will help folks realize that this is "Off Topic" and therefore be ready to wear a different "hat" when reading the post.I'm sorry about that. I wasn't aware of that rule until today. I thought the "General" topic would be the most apropiate for this kind of things since there isn't an "Off Topic" topic I could post it in.

They don't care... I know a person at the big M and he says they once found a 14 month only hambuger and served it up. Then another time droped a hambuger on the ground and when he picked it up they serverd it and it was white in dust....

They don't care... I know a person at the big M and he says they once found a 14 month only hambuger and served it up. Then another time droped a hambuger on the ground and when he picked it up they serverd it and it was white in dust....

OMG! It's a good thing that I never eat at McDonalds...It's still kind of disturbing that they do that... Well, I would guess people will complain more if they saw hair in there food then the mere fact that there food is old or dirty (Unknownly).

A very odd, and unrelated to this forum in any matter, topic. Anyhow, I would say that in fast food restaurants, food is just prepared in another way, which doesn't requre the wearing of a hat, hairnet or whatever. Also, the person who gives you the food is not always the one to make it (McDonalds are the best example for such a case). You can't always tell what the cooker looks like :) . Besides, they need to look pretty. I don't know about you, but when I see a person with a hairnet I feel as if I'm unwelcomed.

Why do people in fast food restaurants don't find the need to wear hairnets as oppose to people in Cafeterias who DO wear them?????I have yet to find a good answer for this question.

At McDonalds here they don't wear hairnets but baseball caps, as long as the hairs contained eh! :)

14 month hamburger...sounds bad but when you know that it is frozen there is no danger of getting sick it just would taste freezer burnt.I worked in fast food for 4 years. We did wear hairnets and the reason you find so many bad things about fast food places is because most of the workers are 16. They are in school and don't care about their jobs.Fast food is painted with a broad stereotypical brush because of so many stroies like that.I avoid fast food, not because I think it is 'unsafe' or gross, I just don't feel right about eating a meal that is 1500 calories and will clog my arteries. :)

I avoid fast food, not because I think it is 'unsafe' or gross, I just don't feel right about eating a meal that is 1500 calories and will clog my arteries. :)
Did you ever see that film Super Size Me? That realy put me off fast food... icon8.gif

I avoid fast food, not because I think it is 'unsafe' or gross, I just don't feel right about eating a meal that is 1500 calories and will clog my arteries.
It's not even that so much for me. If I'm going out for lunch, I might as well have something that I actually like instead of something where the main selling point is that it's cheap.I used to know a guy who would buy 2 burgers just because they only cost a dollar and carry one around in his pocket until he wanted to eat it. You'd see him every now and then pull a burger out of his pocket and take a bite, then put it back. I'm not sure if it's related or not, but that guy got an infection that gave him massive brain damage a few years ago and hasn't been able to speak or walk since.

Its been a while since I was schooled on this but . . . cafeteria staff are required by law to wear because they are considered Institutional style establishments. Safety and Sanitation are harder to control in larger kitchens. Alot of these requirements stem from government run institutions, like jails and schools - which have these larger kitchens.Commercial restaurants, if I recall, do or used to have some requirements. But enforcing them is a whole different story. As I keep thinking of this, I think it is a requirement, but it is only a minor infraction on the Health Code Report - one that restaurants can tend to afford to receive.AHH, now I rememberI'm sure its a law that all hair must be contained above the shoulder where ever open food is handled. So look at your fast food joints - they all wear basebal caps - that effectively contains the hair. You should never see someone with not head gear on unless they are bald - if you do, find another place to eat.

Doesn't this more belong in a blog entry or something? :)

blogs are for rants, I however, have a question with wanted input. :)

It's not even that so much for me.  If I'm going out for lunch, I might as well have something that I actually like instead of something where the main selling point is that it's cheap.I used to know a guy who would buy 2 burgers just because they only cost a dollar and carry one around in his pocket until he wanted to eat it.  You'd see him every now and then pull a burger out of his pocket and take a bite, then put it back. I'm not sure if it's related or not, but that guy got an infection that gave him massive brain damage a few years ago and hasn't been able to speak or walk since.

The bolded part made me chuckle... that is until I read the rest.sounds like he learned a big lesson for doing that.

Its been a while since I was schooled on this but . . . cafeteria staff are required by law to wear because they are considered Institutional style establishments.  Safety and Sanitation are harder to control in larger kitchens.  Alot of these requirements stem from government run institutions, like jails and schools - which have these larger kitchens.Commercial restaurants, if I recall, do or used to have some requirements.  But enforcing them is a whole different story.  As I keep thinking of this, I think it is a requirement, but it is only a minor infraction on the Health Code Report - one that restaurants can tend to afford to receive.AHH, now I rememberI'm sure its a law that all hair must be contained above the shoulder where ever open food is handled.  So look at your fast food joints - they all wear basebal caps - that effectively contains the hair.  You should never see someone with not head gear on unless they are bald - if you do, find another place to eat.

Yes. I noticed that folks that make food always have a cap on or something on there heads, but thats wack that they don't care enough to wear hairnets. Sometimes where I work at I am required to wear hairnets when I go into companies that make food, I have to put my cap UNDER my hairnet becuase they have a heart attack when they see you wearing your cap OVER your hairnet. It may look a but tacky but everyone's happy... well, at least your customers will be. :)

blogs are for rants, I however, have a question with wanted input. :)

Rants or vents, yeah, but you'd also have comments. Anyhow, I'm not going to do anything about it though.

Did you ever see that film Super Size Me?  That realy put me off fast food... icon8.gif

We had to watch it in Health, then last night my brother was watching it on DVD... I went in the room and was like "AAAAA... are we having health class? What's wrong with you.."Also if I had fast food, I would have 6 times my daily calories in one hambuger.But if I had fast food every day for a year, I wouldn't gain weight... just ask SFB about the rule of 2D and the law of 0. I think there was a 3rd thing too..